Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Sport's website announcing Liverpool nominated for 2 Laureus(?) 2019 awards. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51119390
1 Come back team of the year, for overturning Barcelona's 3-0 1st leg win in the CL
2 Team of the years for winning CL and FIFA World Team.

No mention of City, which is fair I suppose. Top of my head, can't think of anything we achieved last year.

BBC Sport's website announcing Liverpool nominated for 2 Laureus(?) 2019 awards. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51119390
1 Come back team of the year, for overturning Barcelona's 3-0 1st leg win in the CL
2 Team of the years for winning CL and FIFA World Team.

No mention of City, which is fair I suppose. Top of my head, can't think of anything we achieved last year.

Global, multisport awards - why would they pick a domestically successful team? They've also not picked Barcelona or Juventus.

You do understand, don’t you, that there is no basic argument about what happened? That ex employees of MCFC, whilst working for LFC, illegally accessed MCFC’s computer systems? There might have been arguments about whether LFC should carry the can for the illegal acts of their employers, and there might have been arguments about whether the fair amount of compensation should have been more or less than the £1m agreed on. Sometimes settling is better than fighting in court, not least because it avoids the publicity, but in this instance it is not because there is any argument about the illegal activity that went on.

But you carry on telling yourself that there is nothing to see here if it makes you feel better.
Sorry Chris, I'm sure you are trying to make a very valid point here - Just not sure we can all read in between the lines.......... ;-)

- failure to recognise LFC’s very significant role in the creation of the premier league, which acted to that club’s benefit (together with MUFC, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton) to the considerable detriment of every other first division club.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the culpability of LFC regarding the monetisation of the sport and the concentration of wealth at the top of the game, of which they were in the vanguard well before the creation of the Premier League. This is all well documented for anyone who cares to read around the subject.

It is not without some irony, that more than any other club, with the possible exception of Spurs and united (who they probably rank alongside) Liverpool created the conditions which made English football clubs such an enticing investment for the likes of Mansour - not that many Liverpool fans will even know what I’m talking about; their knowledge about their own club is usually conspicuously thin on detail.

That quote is the stance of the Club, at the moment. Not my personal belief. I am merely discussing it and have not concluded that we are innocent in this matter or not. Sorry for the confusion, mate.

I do have to say that it is a bit hypocritical to get all up in arms about it though, considering all the things that have gone on with City in the not so distant past. Virtually every City fan was stating that City had done nothing wrong before we even knew what any of the verdicts would be. Aren't some of the cases actually still ongoing too? You recently got fined for breaking the rules, like Chelsea did. Isn't that a form of cheating too? You broke the FFP rules a while back too and got fined and had transfer restrictions put in place as a consequence, didn't you? Another form of cheating, isn't it?

There is no point being hypocritical. As fans, we have no control over what stupid things our clubs do, nor should we brandish other clubs cheats when your own club has done stuff too.

I prefer to just wait, instead of being premature, and I prefer not to criticise others for cheating when my own club have done the same sort of thing.

There are a couple of significant differences here. Firstly, anything City have been found guilty of has seen punishments handed down by the relevant football authorities, as opposed to the supposed guilty party paying hush money - presumably in the hope that it will go away.

Secondly, these "offences" relating to City were deemed to be in breach of arbitrary rules brought in by various footballing bodies. None of them related to criminal activity. Hacking, on the other hand, is a criminal offence and one that is taken very seriously indeed. If employees of Liverpool FC were indeed guilty of hacking City's scouting system on an industrial scale and over such a prolonged period of time then that is far worse than anything City have been found guilty of or accused of over the past 10 years. If it can also be proved that it was done with Liverpool FC's blessing then I hope all those responsible like their porridge.

There are a couple of significant differences here. Firstly, anything City have been found guilty of has seen punishments handed down by the relevant football authorities, as opposed to the supposed guilty party paying hush money - presumably in the hope that it will go away.

Secondly, these "offences" relating to City were deemed to be in breach of arbitrary rules brought in by various footballing bodies. None of them related to criminal activity. Hacking, on the other hand, is a criminal offence and one that is taken very seriously indeed. If employees of Liverpool FC were indeed guilty of hacking City's scouting system on an industrial scale and over such a prolonged period of time then that is far worse than anything City have been found guilty of or accused of over the past 10 years. If it can also be proved that it was done with Liverpool FC's blessing then I hope all those responsible like their porridge.

Not to mention that the club, when liaising with UEFA before filing its accounts, were told that we were FFP compliant, only for the rules to be changed after we had filed our accounts in a way that made us non FFP compliant.

If the team that wins 1 trophy wins a Laureus Award, what does the team that beat them AND won all 4 domestic trophies available win?

It’s a trick question, of course, because that feat happens all the time!!!

oh wait....

Fat Sam reckons everyone raves about Fernandinho but Henderson is better.Fuckwit of the highest order. Was on the radio this morning and I only listened for 2 mins before putting absolute radio on,predictably started off "I can't see why everybody wants to play out from the back "

Fat Sam reckons everyone raves about Fernandinho but Henderson is better.Fuckwit of the highest order. Was on the radio this morning and I only listened for 2 mins before putting absolute radio on,predictably started off "I can't see why everybody wants to play out from the back "

A sentence that sums him up perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.