Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Pep decided to change a team that scored 6, blame is at his door.

You can tell at the end there's fractures in the dressing room, the likes of De Bruyne straight down the tunnel. The gradual weakening of this squad over the past 2 years has taken its toll.

Not been in long and still freezing. Palace biggest load of time wasting twats I've ever seen. Mendy good, Sergio just a fucking God. Not seen a replay of the pen decision yet, what's the verdict ?....Not sure why Ederson launched it from the goal kick for their goal and don't get me started on the laughable 5 mins added on at the end. Oh well at least we didn't lose although it feels like it.

First and foremost what a joy it is to watch Sergio go about his business - the gift that keeps on giving.

Why can’t we buy a centre half. If Stones plays for them today and Cahill plays for us we win that game at a canter. He got bullied to give away the corner that led to their first. I’m not saying buy Cahill but there are defenders in his mould who have some of the ball playing attributes Pep wants - sometimes you have to compromise. There’s no point playing 1200 passes, playing a team off the park and eventually getting goals from our genius of a centre forward if our centre half can’t tackle or win headers. The second goal half the team were to blame for, those powderpuff challenges that let the palace guy win the ball and release Zaha were a disgrace but sadly they aren’t unusual - we routinely pull out of 50/50 or even 60/40 challenges but in such situations proper centre halfs bail the team out and then give a proper bollocking to those involved.

Cancelo continues to worry me, how can a guy who has won a title with Juve be so abject at defending ? Coming forward he shows promise but he doesn’t make himself available nearly often enough. Mendy has his critics, me included, but look how much of our play goes through him cos he has the bottle to keep showing for the ball. Cancelo needs to man up.

Dunno if Phil was injured or not but first half particularly we were lacking in energy and dynamism today and he gives us that in spades. He should be getting game time at home to mediocre opponents.

Worrying to see Ederson come flying out of goal hopelessly misjudging that ball again. Happening too often.

That happened because KDB lost a tackle that was at least 80/20 in his favour & that allowed Palace to break. The number of tackles we lost that we should have won was criminal. There was one where Zara had 3 City players around him, all capable of winning the ball, but somehow came away with it unchallenged.

Having got into a winning position with minutes to go, yet again we didn't show the drive or desire to defend that lead. Soriano and Begiristain should be asking the same hard questions of Pep that Cook & Marwood asked of Hughes when his team went through a patch where we couldn't hold onto a lead. And if Pep can't answer those questions satisfactorily then he can have no complaints if he suffers the same fate.

Fucking hell.

You know a few names of highers ups and have a bit of insight, it doesn't preclude you from posting utter nonsense.

And that fucking referee. Jesus Christ. He wasted even more time than their unbelievable piss taking keeper did by constantly having a word about time wasting with them without ever having any intention of stopping it. Either a clueless moron or complicit.

John Stones would fit right in at Arsenal. Weak as piss. Will never be good enough for us
I'll have to watch the game again on MOTD if I can be bothered but I saw the Zaha goal as very unlucky. The player who can't defend is Fernandinho.

The media and rival players have had a go at Stones,and it's sad that City fans seem to join in with this. Stones problem is not weak defending but a frail body that keeps letting him down. He was limping again at the end.

I couldn’t celebrate Sergio’s second because I had no confidence that we’d be able to withstand the pressure that Palace would put on us even for just a few minutes. At no point in the game did I believe that we’d win.

When I reflect on the season so far, I can really only put significant blame on the management hierarchy. Allowing Kompany to leave without replacement was a crippling blow to our chances, even before the season had begun.

The issues cannot be put down to underinvestment either. Whist we failed yet again to strengthen after a positive season, we have spent a staggering amount of money on defenders over the last decade. The problem is that, Laporte aside, the last decent defender was signed under the Hughes era. This is simply just not good enough a return on investment.

Scouting and player acquisition is to blame. It has become abundantly clear that we lack the ability to identify good defenders. Laporte aside, we need to rip out that entire back line and start again. Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Mendy and Walker all need to go. All of these players have serious deficiencies. We shouldn’t be handing over the task of rebuilding the defence to the same people that have repeatedly failed in this area for much of the past decade.

I said after the Wolves game that I expect more disappointing games this season. The same is still true. Nothing will change until the defensive personnel change. Pep can’t coach these problems away. The task of the rebuilding over the next few seasons is enormous. To wait for the Summer would be another catastrophic error.
Stones, otamendi, zinchenko, mendy and walker all need to go?
These players all played their parts in a huge way in guaranteeing us winning back to back league titles and now because we are having a bit of a dip the lot of them need to go?
You fuckin imbecile, log off bluemoon and never come back, you obviously know fuck all about us and football.
Crank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.