Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

When will Pep learn that David Silva and Ismay Gundogan doesn't work? It never has worked and never will work. It is responsible for the majority if dropped points over the last 3 seasons. Our attacking play goes sideways too much and simply isn't quick enough.
Even then we should have won, but John Stones is useless. He has totally lost it since spliting with his wife and really shows no signs of getting back to any sort of form. Arteta wants him at Arsenal - all I can say is SELL.
Fernandinho isn't great as a centre half either, but there you go...
Jesus and Marhez changed the game when they came on and that gave Aguero space scoring two goals in quick sucession. Sadly our central defence has other ideas.
The only good thing about our defence today was Mendy who is getting much better.

Last edited:
I've said all along that Fernandinho can't defend. he covers and sweeps up well but he doesn't defend one on one well. he doesn't have that skill. And he's not gotthe height for a centra defender. It's easy to slag Stones off, and loads of fans do it but I don't agree all the time. he's not on form, but that's mostly down to injury. He is injured literally every 2-3 games and it's been that way all season.
Don’t agree, but opinions are like arseholes, so...

what I will say is “whose fault is it that he is constantly injured?” and does that negate poor performances when he does play?

I feel sorry for Fernandinho & Aguero as they are constantly being let down by others in the team. Cancelo & Sterling were absolutely awful, Pep needs to get out of the habit of giving players who have done nothing 80 to 90 minutes. Mendy was probably my shout for man of the match he won the ball back so many times and played really well, some important interceptions as well. I have to give Gundogan a little mention today I really really don't rate the guy at all but today he played well & found two absolutely fantastic passes that I didn't know he had.

You're imagining stuff.

We lost to Palace last season. And the weakness this season is obvious. We have a midfielder playing in defence. That's down to injury and retirement of one player. It will be solved by Laporte's return, and a fit Stones. At the moment he is constantly injured. If he doesn't recover then City will either have to go to Garcia/Harwood Bellis or replace him.

Not imagining anything, the reaction was telling. It's down to a slightly too clever for its own good recruitment strategy and not being cut throat enough.

When will Pep learn that David Silva and Ismay Gundogan doesn't work? It never has worked and never will work. It is responsible for the majority if dropped points over the last 3 seasons. Our attacking play goes sideways too much and simply isn't quick enough.
Even then we should have won, but David Stones is useless. He has totally lost it since spliting with his wife and really shows no signs of getting back to any sort of form. Arteta wants him at Arsenal - all I can say is SELL.
Fernandinho isn't great as a centre half either, but there you go...
Jesus and Marhez changed the game when they came on and that gave Aguero space scoring two goals in quick sucession. Sadly our central defence has other ideas.
The only good thing about our defence today was Mendy who is getting much better.
David Stones, lol.

We continually gave the ball to Mendy. It was a bit predictable. Cancelo was lazy. rarely got forward. I'd get rid of Cancelo. Attitude is not right. He should be seizing his chance instead he's coasting. I'll have to watch the goals again. I'm in hhe front row and don't get a good view of the corners. I thought our problem was what we have seen all season...a lack of height at the back as I saw Palace win two headers in their opener.
You’ll never guess who got beat for the Tompkins header...go on, guess, I dare ya!

Our situation at CB has been incredibly shit. Kompany leaves, Laporte gets injured, Stones can't stay fit, Otamendi has been poor most of the time....Think people should have this in mind when moaning about formations and tactics. Where would Liverpool be with such problems at CB. Top 4 or worse?

The only thing I disagree with Pep is his reluctance to play Walker at CB. He literally can't be worse there than the current options and can at least run fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.