Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Just watched the game on Sky's game of the day. That second Palace goal came from our goal-kick. Normally Ederson would have Stones and Fern in the area and play it to one of those two, retaining possession. Yet instead he hoofed it upfield and it was headed straight back by a Palace player. At that point everyone bar Fernandinho is in the Palace half. When De Bruyne fails in a feeble attempt to win the ball and it's played to Zaha, Cancelo & Stones are ahead of him instead of double-teaming him.

I don't care what stick I get but someone should be ripping a new arsehole in whoever decided that was a good way to protect a hard-won lead in the last few minutes of the game. That might not have been Pep but it neatly underlines my point about what the hell has he been telling them about how to manage these situations? Not that they, among some of the best players in the world, should need telling. It was fucking criminal.

Got a point more than we deserved today.
I'd say a point is more than palace deserved playing such utter hoofball fall over shit and time wasting in the 8th minute of the first half....!

We were poor defensively but that was in part because we were trying to play football..... Some criticising John Stones, I though he was rock solid in the main today......

Just watched the game on Sky's game of the day. That second Palace goal came from our goal-kick. Normally Ederson would have Stones and Fern in the area and play it to one of those two, retaining possession. Yet instead he hoofed it upfield and it was headed straight back by a Palace player. At that point everyone bar Fernandinho is in the Palace half. When De Bruyne fails in a feeble attempt to win the ball and it's played to Zaha, Cancelo & Stones are ahead of him instead of double-teaming him.

I don't care what stick I get but someone should be ripping a new arsehole in whoever decided that was a good way to protect a hard-won lead in the last few minutes of the game. That might not have been Pep but it neatly underlines my point about what the hell has he been telling them about how to manage these situations? Not that they, among some of the best players in the world, should need telling. It was fucking criminal.

Wow, are you my dad on the interweb? He said the same!

I thought the same during the game, why hoof it up. We are excellent at retaining it at the back.

I'll have to watch the game again on MOTD if I can be bothered but I saw the Zaha goal as very unlucky. The player who can't defend is Fernandinho.

The media and rival players have had a go at Stones,and it's sad that City fans seem to join in with this. Stones problem is not weak defending but a frail body that keeps letting him down. He was limping again at the end.

Fernandinho can’t defend? Seriously???

He’s twice the defender Stones is and he’s only played there for 6 months

How about displaying a small amount of loyalty to our amazing Manager and Team.
Saddeneds me that our fanbase is now as entitled as the Rags and Dippers.
Saddens me too. We are an amazing team and current champions only 2nd to an amazing Liverpool team that haven't lost a game yet. Try getting behind this wonderful team instead of staying quiet or moaning

I felt exactly the same why didn’t we just keep hold of the ball. We didn’t kick it long from any other dead ball- not that we had many. Hard to blame the manager as he made the right sub and he will be as pissed off as the rest of us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.