London stabbings

who are allowed to carry knives...
I was just going to post the same.
Sikhs are allowed to carry a Kirpan as part of their religious dress. And a Kirpan is a large curved knife.
So when I am pulled by GMP for walking the streets of Manchester with a large Bowie knife on my belt,my excuse/lawful reason for possessing a bladed article in public,I will spin them a yarn that I wear it for cultural reasons as I am a great admirer of American frontiersman Jim Bowie and wear the knife to honour his memory.
Hopefully some of you Bluemooners can then visit me when I am doing 6 months at Her Majesty's Pleasure in Strangeways.

Wear a kilt and the rest of Scots regalia.
I believe you are allowed a sgian dubh in your sock.

Surprised Sikhs are involved. They’re usually very peaceful and charitable people. I drink in a Manor Park pub in East London and the gaffer there is Sikh. He’s opened the pub for the entire community.

It was probably a family thing that spiralled out of control. Shocking nevertheless.

Surprised Sikhs are involved. They’re usually very peaceful and charitable people. I drink in a Manor Park pub in East London and the gaffer there is Sikh. He’s opened the pub for the entire community.

It was probably a family thing that spiralled out of control. Shocking nevertheless.

Good and bad in eveveryone, I’ve been in and around the Whitechapel area of London and seen Sikh’s at fishy cuffs with a traffic warden over a parking fine,

The people interviewed on the news seem to think drugs were being dealt with on the road where the killings took place. I sort of agree with your point but the race to make quick, easy money spreads pretty fast. For example, 30 years ago there weren’t many areas where Muslim criminal gangs ran the local underworld (exceptions included parts of Bradford) but now that’s not unusual.

Sikhs in the British army (pre independence) and then the Indian army had a fearsome reputation for bravery and valour.
I think Indira Gandhi had Sikhs as her bodyguard,although that cost her dearly in the end as they betrayed her and assassinated her.

Good and bad in eveveryone, I’ve been in and around the Whitechapel area of London and seen Sikh’s at fishy cuffs with a traffic warden over a parking fine,

Whitechapel is more of a traditional Bangladeshi Muslim area. Bengali restaurants on Brick Lane.

You want the Romford Road for Manor Park and Ilford to see Indian and Sri Lankan heritage.

I’ve lived in the East End on and off for 15 years. I’m legitimately taken aback by problems like this amongst Sikhs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.