Sheff Utd post match thread

that was a real grind to get that - but we fully deserved the win even though we didnt play particularly well compared to our normal standards (part of that was down to the dirty/fouling behaviour of the Sheff Utd players - no wonder their fans are so ignorant having to watch that shit every week - football from the mid 8o's and a fan base stuck in that time zone as well)

it was an odd team selection from Pep but maybe he anticipated the battle it was - when i saw the team sheet what struck me was for the first time with Pep i thought he had picked a defensive team (as fa as we normally are).

Positives

Laporte back and looking good - passing a bit rusty but completely understandable
Sergio!
Rodri very good as well as Ferna
Sterling - didnt play well but never hides
Walker - again never hides aand has that aggression when its needed - never shirks anything. Maybe not the greatest with the ball at his feet at times but always puts a shift in

Garcia - only on for the last little bit but there was one challenge in the area where he cold have easily given a penalty away if he got it wrong but it was such a good challenge - so cool.....

Negatives

Gabriel Jesus - forgetting the penalty but the more time goes by the more I become unsure about him and a long term future with us - just not sure he can step up - it showed how far behind in terms of ability with what Sergio did with his clinical movement in the box which Jesus just doesnt do anywhere near enough. I think we have an issue when Sergio hangs his boots up.

Penalties - we used to be so good at them (Elano, Tevez, Balo, Yaya) - now i just dont back us to score - Ferna, KDB should be the takers

KDB's position - when he is played further back like today he is less effective. Im not saying he didnt play well or that he played badly

Overall great result and fully deserved against the anit football we were faced with.

So how did Kev do? ; )

Because VAR doesn’t check for that as the liner should. He either wasn’t looking which at a penalty is his one job or he chose not to see the encroachment by the keeper of two yards. Makes you wonder how they can flag a forward a foot offside if they can’t spot two yards.
I’m not that fussed about these encroachments and the keeper off his line as they all do it anyway even ours and if you at the penalty one of our players was In the box aswell so we can’t really complain about that

It said on the stram I was waching that VAR couldnt award penalty retakes - but i thought we had a few in our favour this year with penalties being ordered to be retaken after a VAR review?????

Also there were a couple of Sheffield players in the box as Gabby took the penalty.. definitely should have been retaken.
Mason is a fat fucking disgrace of a ref..
Great to see Laporte back and he played excellently..as did Otta..
KDB never disappoints and Mahrez is playing very very well.
Nice to see Kun score again..Raz trying hard but looks like he's low on confidence..
Rod and Fern good as usual and young Eric looks like he will save us a few quid.
Sheffield Utd are a well drilled bunch of fucking dirty bastards..

Players encroaching are only pulled up for it by VAR if they touch the ball following the penalty being saved.

Pep Guardiola on Aymeric Laporte: “He is the best left footed centre-back in the world. It was a risk [to play him], but the doctor said he could play.”

Pep Guardiola on Eric Garcia: "He never misses one game, he never fails. Always was perfect. He's a guy who doesn't make mistakes. He played 5-10 [minutes] he was perfect, he didn't make a mistake. So so pleased."

Pep Guardiola has said he will review the penalty taker situation but admits Ederson is the best taker at the club.

Can't argue with that, 100% all facts.

That's right. Think Jesus' stutter confused the ass. ref. Deffo confused Jesus.
This is what gets me about the "stutter".
The whole point is to get the keeper to " blink" first.
All you then have to do is smash it down the middle.
Job's a good 'un.
You DO NOT "stutter" and then hit it a nice/easy height for the keeper to save.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.