Sheff Utd post match thread

They really aren’t.

encroachment only results in a retaken penalty if the encroaching player touches the ball. This has happened 3 times this season, twice in our favour.
Keeper being off his line is down to the linesman to decree. VAR was taken off this following the debacles at the Women’s World Cup.

I think I did know that VAR was no longer used for the keeper coming off his line. Rather makes my point about the constant rule changes.

Thinking back to last night and some of their challenges, I think it was Fleck on Ferna towards the end of the 1st half that was absolutely shocking. Just above the ankle I think, could have been a lot worse.

sam lee, or it might have been Brennan posted a killer still shot of that point on contact on twitter last night. Looked horrendous

I listened to talk spurs for the first time in a while on the way home. Durham slaughtered the assault on Laporte and Fernandinho. I was pleased someone noticed. Dirty bastards.

Think you mean Higuita the Colombian one who played in the 90s. He was mental, he even visited Pablo Escobar when he was banged up. Loved a bit of the old marching powder as well.
It was chilavert the Paraguayan keeper who hit peno's and free kicks

Ref last night Sergio booked at the death kicking the ball away,time wasting and frustration,tonight at the swamp Mata puts the ball into orbit,wasteing time and frustration.NO BOOKING.

Not much to say on that. Not great but got the job done. type of game you say wins you titles if we were in a title race. I suppose it’s good we’re still able to grind out result when it’s largely pointless.

Pisses me off when people constantly film the game. There was a surprisingly large number of tourists tonight. Expected it to be a largely local following as midweeks usually are but nope. I made sure I let the ones near me know their cameras were in my view.
Apart from the guy who streamed the whole game for us from Palace a couple of seasons back...

They really aren’t.

encroachment only results in a retaken penalty if the encroaching player touches the ball. This has happened 3 times this season, twice in our favour.
Keeper being off his line is down to the linesman to decree. VAR was taken off this following the debacles at the Women’s World Cup.
Was it? Or did keepers just stop doing it? (They did tell refs not to give a yellow card for it )

I'm not sure if any assistant in the Prem has flagged for it this season yet. Probably waiting till it happens to Liverpool.

I’m not disagreeing, just posting what they stated they would do.

I’m 50/50 on the penalty last night as it was a shit penalty and got what it deserved, but the keeper was half a yard off his line.

I don’t even know if Jesus’ stutter is technically legal either, so both teams have something to gripe at.

The yellow carding of innocuous half way line fouls vs no/wrong cards for the more viscous tackles annoyed me a lot more last night.
The stutter is legal. You have to swing your foot at the ball and not connect for it to be illegal "feinting".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.