United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that, since 2008, those bastards have spent so much time obsessing about us and trying everything they can to halt our progress, they've completely lost sight of their own affairs.

Understandable given that, prior to our involvement, they were guaranteed CL income and financial supremacy and took it for granted. Now they are in a tailspin, having to deal with the previously unthinkable, I'm enjoying it immensely.
Totally agree with this post......and now is the time to get the stadium and atmosphere sorted because that's all that's not quite right with our club at the moment, come on City act fast and get the final piece of the jigsaw in place.....our own end !!

Hmm seem to be pulling in the purse strings, I wonder if Uncle Malc's sperm are going to try and ease the debt with a view to selling or they're just moving towards broke?
I think it's a sign that they don't trust the manager to spend it, and I don't blame them tbh. They backed Jose strongly in his first couple of seasons, but there was evidence that they weren't backing him towards the end of his reign. They backed Solskjaer in the summer but results didn't really pick up after that huge drop off at the end of last season. We'll probably see their ambition with the next manager they hire. If they go for Pochettino or someone like Conte, then that might suggest a bit of a desire to invest. If they try another cut price option, or even stick with Solskjaer, then that probably tells its own story.

Ha, the Glazer takeover is apparently “English football’s great tragedy”! Yes, never mind Burnden Park, Munich, Valley Parade or Hillsborough, Miguel.

United have to finish 5th and pray that their lobbying of UEFA to get us banned from the CL pays off thus paving the way for them to be readmitted by default. If they finish outside of 5th they really are fucked.

Having said that, I'd be amazed if they aren't in it next season by hook or, more likely, by crook.

Ha, the Glazer takeover is apparently “English football’s great tragedy”! Yes, never mind Burnden Park, Munich, Valley Parade or Hillsborough, Miguel.

Maybe if they weren't so worked up about someone with actual money taking over a club a few years before and turning them into the best team in England, then there might have been more focus on someone with no money taking over a massively successful team by loading it with massive debts. But then the complaints were never about sustainable business practices, they were jealousy about someone else being able to afford good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.