#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competitive and maybe more realistic than us blues

He is still get more minutes than most kids of hi age,someone said sll of the class of 92(puke)didnt have this many,rashford is out for months now with a double stress factor,he was chuched in and played every week whist he was growing
Phil says he feelx he has one last growth spurt to come,we might just be being careful

The reassuring thing about you Karen is that I know you will say Pep is right not to play him until the day he gets fed up and walks out the door.

And when he does you will have all the excuses ready and then claim it was the right decision by the club, and you'll maintain that even if he went on to win multiple Ballon d'Or and go down as the best english player in history.

Kev has a shit memory.

He'd played 4577 minutes before turning 20.

Which means Foden needs to play 26 full 90 minute games before the end of the season to have played as much as Kev had at the same age.

To put that in perspective that would mean him playing 90 minutes in every league game, the League Cup semi and final, the FA Cup all the way through to the final and both legs of the Champions League last 16, quarter- and semi-finals.

Was Kev getting all these minutes in a side as good as this with players as good as these.

Was Kev getting all these minutes in a side as good as this with players as good as these.

That's a completely different conversation, but I can guarantee that he wasn't at a club which could ease him in by surrounding him with 10 world class players, nor were they in the ideal scenario to blood a young kid where they cant finish 1st and are 16 points safe in the CL spots.

The fact of the matter is really simple. Guardiola told everyone he would be playing much more and hes a regular member of the first team squad and that has clearly not happened and isnt true.

Last edited:
The reassuring thing about you Karen is that I know you will say Pep is right not to play him until the day he gets fed up and walks out the door.

And when he does you will have all the excuses ready and then claim it was the right decision by the club, and you'll maintain that even if he went on to win multiple Ballon d'Or and go down as the best english player in history.
Sarky twat,I posted a couple of months ago his time is now

He says himself he is going to have another growth spurt

I answered about mins in compared to others his age

I can understand reasons why things happen even if i want the opposite to happen

I would be gutted if he left and angry at pep

That's a completely different conversation, but I can guarantee that he wasn't at a club which could ease him in by surrounding him with 10 world class players, nor were they in the ideal scenario to blood a young kid where they cant finish 1st and are 16 points safe in the CL spots.

The fact of the matter is really simple. Guardiola told everyone he would be playing much more and hes a regular member of the first team squad and that has clearly not happened and isnt true.

While I share your concern to an extent, it's not a completely different conversation whether Kevin had his minutes for teams significantly weaker than City. The number of minutes a youngster gets is directly correlated with the level of the team he plays for. The relevant comparision in Foden's case would be someone like Scholes or Xavi or Iniesta. Scholes hadn't made a debut for manure at Foden's age and none of Xavi and Iniesta played (much) more minutes at 19.

I think we will see more of Foden till the end of the season if we manage to go to the end of 2 of the 3 non-league competitions we are participating in. It's unfortunate for Foden that this is Dave's last season and Pep couldn't marginalise him, given the legend he is, and captain to boot.

Fortunately the lad’s a blue, deferential and grounded so he will doubtless stick around. I do think that is his best course of action at the present time.

That said, his talent and energy deserve more than the stale crumbs he’s thrown. (Yeah, yeah, I know. All part of the maestro’s master plan.)

Last edited:
Do you have kids? They are. different,sanch is sancho,phil is phil,its a useless comparison to make really,phil is with pep,there is no better place to be,dave. is leaving and he will step up, he knows that is the plan and is happy with it

More accurately, he’s TOLD that is the plan and SAYS he is happy with it. You presume a lot when it comes to Foden.

But I hope you are right.

More accurately, he’s TOLD that is the plan and SAYS he is happy with it. You presume a lot when it comes to Foden.

But I hope you are right.
There is an interview with him on sky before the palace game,i got it on catch up on sky

Said the mins he is playing is amazing,dave is his hero and he wishes he would stay longer

He isn't coming across as being unhappy with how things are going,he is down to earth and level headed,i think fans worry for him far more than he does

There is an interview with him on sky before the palace game,i got it on catch up on sky

Said the mins he is playing is amazing,dave is his hero and he wishes he would stay longer

He isn't coming across as being unhappy with how things are going,he is down to earth and level headed,i think fans worry for him far more than he does

I think you’re probably right that he’s happy enough for now and perfectly willing to take things on trust. That’s good.

However, I also think his deference, patience and relative naïveté are being exploited. If he kicked off a bit more, he wouldn’t see favoured elder sons bagging nearly all the minutes. It’s not as if he’d weaken the side by getting more time. Far from it. And it’s not as if we are in contention for the League.

What I’m less confident about is this alleged understanding that he’s earmarked as Merlin’s replacement. There is no obvious evidence and I wouldn’t be surprised if we wrote a big cheque for Dave’s successor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.