Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
When we had Yaya, and Balotelli too tbf or even Milner, I got excited when we got a penalty. Now I just feel nervous. We don't have anyone to rely on scoring a pen.
Jesus is a confidence player. He should NOT be our penalty taker! Definitely not when he's trying that daft fvckin' skip nonsense. Just hit it ffs!

I'd let Gundhogen take them when he's playing.

So now that we know Kev doesn't actually mind, we just have him take them from here on out right? Right??

Rather than headline City's problems in taking penalties, perhaps we should look at how the ref or linesman managed to miss the goalkeeper's movement off his line?

I wonder what position the linesmen were adopting?

If that was against Utd, then there'd be an inquest. It would be all over the BBC. Questions asked. With the result that next time a ref and his officials did a Man Utd game they would be under pressure. That's the background to refereeing City, Man Utd and Liverpool games. The officials don't feel pressure when we are playing, but when its Man Utd or Liverpool they know any decision against these sides will bring with it heavy scrutiny.

I don't believe the game is bent but I do believe that refereeing is biased through pressure.

Valid points Marv, but deflecting from the fact it was such a poor effort

Unless we're already 3-4 up I'd even substitute Gundogan on just to take a penalty - and I'm serious or Bravo to go in goal whilst Eddie takes it and then re-sub him back!

So the reason the best striker of the ball at the club, one of the few players who is always playing, and someone who is in the leadership group isn't taking penalties is.....no one asked him.

FFS.

I don't know if I believe this. He has taken one in his whole professional career. I think he has some responsibility to step up and claim it, he hasn't even taken any in a penalty shoot out which by and large is normally the players picking themselves.

When Mahrez went down for the pen the first thing he did was look at Jesus and ask who was taking it. It needs to be known from the start who is having it.

Penalties are all about mentality. You have to find someone who doesn’t care...it’s just nothing...boring.

Balotelli didn’t even look at the ball. Yaya was the best he thought it’s impossible to miss what’s the fuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.