Who’s gone in the summer?

Gundogan has never been World Class mate, he got his developement destroyed by injuries. He's definitely a serviceable player and has great distribution and set pieces. However he's the lowest intensity player in our City squad and there's a reason we struggled to get goals last season when we played him as an 8. Soumaré got excellent ball progression and dribbling, just like Ndombele who we were willing to fork up 70m for. He may not be ready to start immediatly, but he could be great under pep and brings something new to our side.
Don't think we'll buy any midfielder.
Replace Bravo
Sell Otamendi, buy a centre back
Sell Zinchenko or Angelino
If Sane goes buy a replacment.

Think that's about it.

Based on his Ukraine performances I think he could definitely play #6 for us, but if Pep doesn't think so then this summer might be a good time to sell because I suspect he and Ukraine will have a big tournament.
I think he is a really good player and will only get better . If like you say he has a good euro his value and ratings will rocket up .

Silva (many tears to be shed!)
Ottomendi - no future here but we may still get a fee for him which would be a bonus.
Sane - he is as good as out the door
Bravo - not good enough even for a back up keeper.
Angelino or Mendy - neither are good enough but we cannt get rid of both

Big question is Ferna? He has made some very positive comments recently so hopefully will get an extension and it wont be a question at all.

Cancello - looks fine but is he committed?

Pep and the club have been clear in that we wont be buying to replace Silva therefore:

Centre half HAS to be a priority to buy -even with the two young lads we need someone else.
Then a replacement for Sane . - not easy and we need pace to add something a bit different - not another Marhez clone which the lad mentioned seems to be.

Do we try to get a replacement for Kun now or wait til he leaves at the end of next season. Im guessing the finances will dictate this and we will wait till next season to bring in whoever.

Stones -I'd rather keep Otamendi if we need back up. Stones is too injury prone and always seems close to a clusterfuck.
Thank god Pep does not agree with you, but just to remind you Otamendi has fucked up just about every time he has ever played on the right, on the left when he is not giving away fouls he is putting the ball into row z, sound great to you perhaps but not Pep

I think even Angelino might stay. His appearances, while infrequent, are getting better and Pep had a lot of praise for him last game. As 3rd choice LB and HG/Club trained, as long as he stays healthy I think he stays another year.
While HG is very important the lad is not good enough for the EPL, and that is 3 LB`s while we have 2 strikers? and 3 wingers covering 2 positions, Bravo, Otamendi, Angelino and Silva, while it is hard to say they are all reserves, Muric back a good CB and we have a solid defense with Muric Garcia , Harwood- Bellis with Fernandiho covering and Foden is all the HG we need

If it was up to me:
Bravo
Angeliño
Stones
Otamendi
Silva
Sterling
Jesus

With us singing:
A sub ‘keeper
A centre half
A centre forward
Retain Fernandinho
Retain Sané

BRAVO
STONES
OTAMENDI
ANGELINO
MERLIN :(
SANE
CANCELO ( Could be offered in part exchange )

I wonder what we would get for these in total ? Maybe 150m

4 CB's next season .... Laporte, Garcia, Dinho and a signing ..... maybe Skriniar with us offering Cancelo as part of deal .... then we could look for a Right back , Keeper, Midfielder, Striker, Winger

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.