Legendary Status

Saddleworth2

Watching the Documentary about Dave last night got me thinking about who, in say 30 years time, from the last decade, will still be seen as a true legend - one of the very top, top players and personalities that have contributed to our overall history. I came up with just three:

David Silva
Vincent Kompany
Sergio Aguero

I know there is a case for Fern, Yaya, Zaba and maybe some others but for me those three stand head and shoulders above the rest. Each of them could have played for any team in the world they chose and they chose us. Each of them contributed so much that we would not have won anything like the trophies we have without them. Each have outstanding (if different) personalities and have been amazing ambassadors for the club and brilliant role models.

If I had to pick one out of those three it would be Dave. For what he has done for us, but also his amazing contribution to a world cup winning and Euro x 2 winning Spain.

Those are the three I would commission statues for and name the remaining three stands after. We are so blessed to have seen them. What do other Blues think?

Great topic. I'm tempted to add Fern to that short list. Fantastic servant. I say let's put 4 statues up.

Last edited:
Legendary status is achieved not only by your on the pitch efforts and achievements, but those off it too. That's why Vinny, Zabba, Sergio and Dave have it, certainly in the eyes of City fans.

Sergio will have it in the eyes of lots of other teams' fans too, due to his numbers

Legendary status is achieved not only by your on the pitch efforts and achievements, but those off it too. That's why Vinny, Zabba, Sergio and Dave have it, certainly in the eyes of City fans.

Sergio will have it in the eyes of lots of other teams' fans too, due to his numbers
For me, the three were able to play at the very top level irrespective of manager. Zaba chose not to play under Pep. Nothing wrong with that but to me, it just differentiates to be able to say those three contributed hugely to every one of our 4 titles.

The 'off the pitch' stuff is completely ignored by so many posters, it feels like a different opinion to the match going fans from my experience. Posters point to Mr Toure and his farewell, however when you compare that to Zaba and Vinne, it tells a whole different story.

Completely agree with your 3 but yaya even with his off field antics has to be there, the guy was the best midfielder player in this country for 3 years along with Silva david takes the top honour for me best player in a city shirt ever, and yes I saw colin bell.

Completely agree with your 3 but yaya even with his off field antics has to be there, the guy was the best midfielder player in this country for 3 years along with Silva david takes the top honour for me best player in a city shirt ever, and yes I saw colin bell.
Although I agree with you about his talent Yaya is not fit to lace the other threes boots as human being, role model and club ambassador. Neither has his contribution had the span of the other three. Just my honest opinion mate, I know lots would agree with you.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.