Adama Traore

this fella is a real hand full, i think he would add something to our team.
Like what?
Goals? No.
Assists? No.
Intelligent movement? No.
Involvement in build-up? No.

I'm struggling to see beyond muscles and an ability to run really fast in a straight line.

Like what?
Goals? No.
Assists? No.

I'm struggling to see beyond muscles and an ability to run really fast in a straight line.
The guy is extremely talented and several times last night whilst being surrounded by players got himself out through intricate footwork, so to say you only see muscle and straight line running cannot be based on last nights game

The guy is extremely talented and several times last night whilst being surrounded by players got himself out through intricate footwork, so to say you only see muscle and straight line running cannot be based on last nights game
It's all reactive stuff, Paulo Wanchope escaped countless situations like that and he's piss poor in comparison to our current set of players. Bundling a way through is completely different to facing someone 1v1, beating them and being able to deliver quality on a "consistent" basis, which Traore has proved he cannot do. The odd good game is hyped beyond belief, the other 17 shit ones get forgotten, until he comes and suddenly he's the scapegoat like Mahrez.

It's all reactive stuff, Paulo Wanchope escaped countless situations like that and he's piss poor in comparison to our current set of players. Bundling a way through is completely different to facing someone 1v1, beating them and being able to deliver quality on a "consistent" basis, which Traore has proved he cannot do. The odd good game is hyped beyond belief, the other 17 shit ones get forgotten, until he comes and suddenly he's the scapegoat like Mahrez.
Have to disagree and think you are being somewhat disingenuous.

Have to disagree and think you are being somewhat disingenuous.
Why would I be? I have nothing to gain from that at all. I have a differing opinion to yours, that doesn't make it disingenuous.

Traore is a half decent player who occasionally looks a world beater due to his physical attributes in my opinion. He's been built up by the media in the same way Rashford, Lingard, James and Dele Alli have, it doesn't mean any of them are "consistently" good. Just like Sergio and David Silva missing the team of the year in the media's eyes doesn't make them bad players. If you take the media out of it completely, he's done fuck all; 3 goals and 5 assists is it? It's not like Wolves are a bad side, they play a perfect style for Traore to flourish and he still doesn't on a consistent basis.

Why would I be? I have nothing to gain from that at all. I have a differing opinion to yours, that doesn't make it disingenuous.

Traore is a half decent player who occasionally looks a world beater due to his physical attributes in my opinion. He's been built up by the media in the same way Rashford, Lingard, James and Dele Alli have, it doesn't mean any of them are "consistently" good. Just like Sergio and David Silva missing the team of the year in the media's eyes doesn't make them bad players. If you take the media out of it completely, he's done fuck all; 3 goals and 5 assists is it? It's not like Wolves are a bad side, they play a perfect style for Traore to flourish and he still doesn't on a consistent basis.
The fact you think he only has pace and only run in straight lines is being disingenuous as was proven to be last night. I personally think he has something about him saying earlier today he is a rough diamond who needs shaping and polishing. If that is done by Pep, there would be no complaints from me. But as we need a left sided player, I suspect we are not interested

The fact you think he only has pace and only run in straight lines is being disingenuous as was proven to be last night. I personally think he has something about him saying earlier today he is a rough diamond who needs shaping and polishing. If that is done by Pep, there would be no complaints from me. But as we need a left sided player, I suspect we are not interested
Again that's not disingenuous, if you had a good argument for the positives of Traore you would be happy to discuss them. The fact you try to change the topic of conversation on to me for daring to have a differing opinion (in a game built on opinions) says all we need to know about being disingenuous, don't you think.

Like what?
Goals? No.
Assists? No.

He's the flavour of the month, going through a bit of a purple patch. Prior to that, he was pretty much trash. We see this often with supporters getting onto the hype train prematurely and it's something they don't seem to learn from. Hell, if you saw Jesse fucking Lingard in parts of 2017/18 you'd think he's bound to become a world beater. Means nothing until proven beyond doubt otherwise.

He's a bit crap most of the time, the best 2 games I have seen him in was last night and against us. He has scored 5 goals in 89 appearances and is consistent as a Vauxhall Viva, if we buy him we need our heads testing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.