United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd understand a BBC special Q&A with a football writer if, say, they were relegated. But they are suffering from some injuries, have an average manager, just lost a league game and are fifth in the Premier League. Fifth. This situation doesn't warrant any of this.

If you think that's bad, bear this in mind. They are singing about the death of the owners who have presided over 20 trophy wins (inc 5 league titles) in 15 years, made them the richest club in the world, invested £100m/year net into the playing squad, and whose worst league finish is...7th.

This is the situation which is so bad they're singing about burning the owners, forming phoenix clubs, talking about boycotts and asking why the FA didn't stop them taking over.

They are the most entitled fan base in world football.

If you think that's bad, bear this in mind. They are singing about the death of the owners who have presided over 20 trophy wins (inc 5 league titles) in 15 years, made them the richest club in the world, invested £100m/year net into the playing squad, and whose worst league finish is...7th.

This is the situation which is so bad they're singing about burning the owners, forming phoenix clubs, talking about boycotts and asking why the FA didn't stop them taking over.

They are the most entitled fan base in world football.
Doing what now? Another one.

That's right. Not quite sure what the exact figures are but they will lose money next season if they don't get top 4. Last season they reported £630m but are estimating £560-580m for this one. If they lose that sponsorship revenue they could be down to something like £525m the following season. If they miss out on Europe altogether, that could well be under £500m next season. That's a loss of nearly £150m cash over two seasons and they'll have to cut costs. High earners sold (if anyone will take them), replaced by cheaper players, staff redundancies, etc. Their fall could be quite rapid from there.

Prestwich, you seem to now about business so I will ask you, when the Glazers bought the Rags it was with borrowed money, now that is fine when The GPC is winning most of the trophies. I am sure they felt it would go on forever and when the time came they could easily find a buyer. The new fellah would have no problem buying the debt and continuing but since then they have been going backwards. The stadium need millions spending on it, the squad even more and sponsorship is hopefully diminishing. Suddenly their original exit strategy (if they had one) is looking very shaky as any one with a business acumen would surely not touch these lot, (if the debt cannot be serviced easily) What do you reckon, am I right ?

Tweet I found :)

Manchester City spent 460m pounds from 2008 to 2012 to go from mid table obscurity to winning the title. Manchester United have spent 960m pounds since 2013 to go from winning the title to mid table obscurity. Who would have thought
A good response to jibes that City bought the title is that United bought fifth place or "an other" team bought "nth" place. Factually and undeniably true.

That's right. Not quite sure what the exact figures are but they will lose money next season if they don't get top 4. Last season they reported £630m but are estimating £560-580m for this one. If they lose that sponsorship revenue they could be down to something like £525m the following season. If they miss out on Europe altogether, that could well be under £500m next season. That's a loss of nearly £150m cash over two seasons and they'll have to cut costs. High earners sold (if anyone will take them), replaced by cheaper players, staff redundancies, etc. Their fall could be quite rapid from there.

They won't be in Europe next season I'm convinced they will fall down the table now.

Can we call it Ragxit!

Utd being linked with everyone.
At the minute they are signing 5 defenders, 4 midfielders, 3 forwards, 2 wingers and a partridge in a pear tree.
Scattergun in full flow.

Absolute joke isn't it.
Just today only on BBC gossip page they are after: Tevez, Cavani, Maddison, Ebimbe, Bellingham and every day its the same number but different names. In reality they tried to keep Young who snubbed a new offer, got snubbed by Halland, and now failed to win the 1 horse race for Fernandes despite being the only interested team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.