Legendary Status

Yaya should revered by all blues as a club legend for what he's helped us achieve. When I think of Yaya his off field antics come to mind as quickly as his brilliance on the pitch. Such a shame he and his agent dragged the club through the mud for the wrong reasons. He's a living leg-end IMO.

Yaya definitely in it for me,.but shame no one.mentions the players that got us to having aguero, silva etc at the club, like goater, Andy morisson, dickov plus many more, but for me it's vinny all day long, he bled blue blood and loved the club with all his heart

Watching the Documentary about Dave last night got me thinking about who, in say 30 years time, from the last decade, will still be seen as a true legend - one of the very top, top players and personalities that have contributed to our overall history. I came up with just three:

David Silva
Vincent Kompany
Sergio Aguero

I know there is a case for Fern, Yaya, Zaba and maybe some others but for me those three stand head and shoulders above the rest. Each of them could have played for any team in the world they chose and they chose us. Each of them contributed so much that we would not have won anything like the trophies we have without them. Each have outstanding (if different) personalities and have been amazing ambassadors for the club and brilliant role models.

If I had to pick one out of those three it would be Dave. For what he has done for us, but also his amazing contribution to a world cup winning and Euro x 2 winning Spain.

Those are the three I would commission statues for and name the remaining three stands after. We are so blessed to have seen them. What do other Blues think?
Aguero and Kompany yes but Silva crumbles in the winter.

Great servant but overrated by quite a few.

Watch the video....

When we first won the Premier League in 2012 and we had to beat United at home - Vinnie Kompany.

When we won the title in 2019 and had to beat Leicester at home - Vinnie Kompany.

They are all legends but the big four for me are -in order

Sergio,
Vinnie
Yaya
And Dave....

And I couldn't get a fag paper between Sergio and Dave. I genuinely believe that if any one of these legends weren't with us in 2011/12 we would not have won the league that year - that's how legendary they are in my eyes.

The second tier is equally as hard but

KDB already and I'm sure he'll gravitate to the top tier plus
Zabba
Edin
Samir
Joey Hart

Up and comings...

Bernardo
Raz

Plus the whole squad gave the ability and opportunity to get there, but these are bloody big boots they've got to fill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.