Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one or two familiar traditional themes emerging in the women's game, such as the commentary which is ludicrously favourable to Manchester United, who only ever need one goal to be right back in the game however far behind they are, and the stoppage time, posted as 5 minutes after a game with no stoppages but which turns out to be about 7 in fact.

8 minutes!

Is it a coindidence that it was a BBC coverage, I don't think so ?

I followed this game on the BBC website text. Don't know who was doing that, but it was comical. Ellen White appears to have scored either side of half time but the HT score was listed as 0-0! Wishful thinking on the BBC in-house ragamuffin text wallahs? Agent Abbie was distraught, apparently after gifting us the second. The RagSlags scored directly from a corner but there was a foul on the goalkeeper. BBC texter wrote that 'goalies always get those'! If it was a foul they should fuckin' well get them, yer pillock! The final bit of text said they couldn't leave without showing the last goal - a Lauren Hemp oggie - one that 'gave United hope! Ref and officials jeered off! Somehow, then, it could only have been a home defeat!

The post-match suggested that it would be Ellen White's finishing that saw us over the line, but the two disallowed United goals were cruel. The one from the corner, and the 'Abbie McManus goal that never was'? At the time, they said it had not crossed the line! Rags done out of the hat for the next round, according to the nation's broadcaster! All predictable BBC shite!

Watched the second half, wasnt impressed though and I have enjoyed some womens footy(world cup etc), but beating the rags at any level is great. The commentator was definitely pro rag though, a bit like how they are for the mens team, when they pulled one back for 2-1 he said they had got more than a foothold in the game now???????? whatever that means!! Oh and that one who scored their first goal has a look of Lingard in the face lol, wonder if hes having to transition to get game time?

the stoppage time, posted as 5 minutes after a game with no stoppages but which turns out to be about 7 in fact.
To be fair to the referee, he had no choice, just as the board went up, our player took a bad knock to the head and was down injured for a full 2 minutes, and there was another injury that needed treatment as well. It was a bit of a mystery where he got the 5 from, but there were 4 goals and 5 subs in the second half I suppose.

To be fair to the referee, he had no choice, just as the board went up, our player took a bad knock to the head and was down injured for a full 2 minutes, and there was another injury that needed treatment as well. It was a bit of a mystery where he got the 5 from, but there were 4 goals and 5 subs in the second half I suppose.
I was going to post the same — the additional minutes made sense, the initial total made less sense.

Well, except in the context that City was playing United away and United were still in the match.

Watched the second half, wasnt impressed though and I have enjoyed some womens footy(world cup etc), but beating the rags at any level is great. The commentator was definitely pro rag though, a bit like how they are for the mens team, when they pulled one back for 2-1 he said they had got more than a foothold in the game now???????? whatever that means!! Oh and that one who scored their first goal has a look of Lingard in the face lol, wonder if hes having to transition to get game time?

Jessie Weaseless?

Watched the second half, wasnt impressed though and I have enjoyed some womens footy(world cup etc), but beating the rags at any level is great.
I've watched quite a lot of women's games this season, and that was one of the worst, 2-3 might make it sound exciting, but it was anything but, overall a very poor standard of play from both sides. We can and do play some good football, but not today, I said earlier in the thread it was probably our worst performance of the season, especially Steph Houghton, who was very poor for me.

The rags had nothing other than a bit of bite in the tackle, despite the bigging up from the commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.