'home grown' strikers

A lot of people rated Bobby Duncan when he was at city and then he went for a year to Liverpool and now fiorentina. Well published issues with his agent and clubs.

We like to think our team is now world class in every position so the possibility to develop a world class player in any position is remote.

Stan Bowles was our homegrown player from Collyhurst. Terrific forward who fell out of favour with Malcolm Allison, great career with QPR, always loved a bet, sadly Stan now has Alzheimer’s, lovely guy and lovely family.

My first thought was Roger Palmer, but then I discovered that he's 61 tomorrow, his equalizer at Old Trafford was 40 years ago, and I'm just an old twat.

Rashford's career was virtually kick-started by accident, but it's strange that City aren't even producing someone who scores a few Premier League goals before fading into oblivion.
In contrast, Greenwood is the latest in a long line of "next George Best's"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.