United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Fully deserved win over the over the two legs, we ran the show offered some great football and produced a lot more chances than they did. One year from now people will only remember the cup winner either us or Villa, none will talk about the rags.

Karen.

We dominated the game. Pep can’t make his players score open goals from 7 yards. You can’t coach that.

We got into some good positions, had 2 marginal offside goals and generally had them over the 90 minutes.

Like I said before, the only thing wrong in that performance was the failure to take the absolutely blatant chances to score goals.

Simple as that.

He can not pick Sterling who’s about as useless as a fucking cat flap in a fucking elephant house.

He continues to pick him, KDB continues to put him through and he continues to fuck it up.

Thought the formation was good and we were excellent in the first twenty minutes. Went very nervy for a while (which is understandable to an extent, but I do think we lack leadership on the pitch in those situations sometimes), but then calmed down and created chances we should have scored.

I get it, results are ultimately all that matters but 9 times out of 10, that performance wins that game. We created a few we should have scored and limited them to very few opportunities.

I’m very concerned about Sterling and I don’t think Cancelo as left back worked. The rest, shit happens.

What's the matter with Sterling? Otamendi diving in again after playing well lately. Cancelo, Gundogan, Bernardo, Aguero & De Bruyne dragged us through thankfully.

Our fanbase can be toxic as fuck.
Watch the game back without the worry of the result and I think you’ll find we weren’t outplayed, we weren’t shite, we didn’t bottle it.
We were all over them but if you don’t score tap ins then you’re always going to be in danger of conceding a freak goal.
As for Madrid beating us, think it’s fair to say we won’t see that team or formation.
Another trip to Wembley to look forward to is all that matters tonight.
Just like the first leg. People should listen to the KDB interview he gave after the game. The fact of the matter is that, on March 1st, we will be playing Villa at Wembley, whilst United will be at Goodison. Not that you know it from reading most of the comments on here.

Watch the game back without the worry of the result and I think you’ll find we weren’t outplayed, we weren’t shite, we didn’t bottle it.
We were all over them but if you don’t score tap ins then you’re always going to be in danger of conceding a freak goal.
As for Madrid beating us, think it’s fair to say we won’t see that team or formation.

Pretty much sums it up. Our fans are fucking arse.

We are through no need for moaning tonight.

Our domestic cup record under Pep should tell you that the club take the competitions seriously unlike Klopp at Liverpool.

yes we lost tonight but again it wasn't like we were outplayed.

Get our finishing right and it would be another win and comfortable at that.

Thought we defended better than a lot of games this season.

Maybe some just don't like to lose a derby game, especially when shouldn't have.

Bigger picture we are in the final, but still it's a derby and never nice to lose, I expect if we had played say leicester or villa in the semi won 3-1 away then lost 0-1 tonigh most moaning woudn't be as unhappy wity the result.

I try my best to keep the faith mate. But when your own manager doesn't know what it means to play that lot then their will be problems between management and fans. Not trying to argue with you for a single second because it's not in my nature and also I agree with your comments, But a genuine question, Are you not pissed off with the way he sets up against that lot, And do you think he knows what it means to City fans for us to do them?

I think he doesn’t realise what beating those cvunts mean to us, his rotation is beyond annoying but under him have seen the best football I’ve ever seen
We’re at Wembley celebrate:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.