United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

If their plan was city to miss countless glorious chances opening them up numerous times then yes they performed very well.

Of course they were lucky to still be in the game but that's football and it almost paid off.
The bonus is it'll keep ole in the job for a while longer.

So who do you have in mind as his replacement.
Win the final in March and that's six domestic trophies on the spin. Some act to follow.

I know it’s almost impossible to think of anyone better and to be honest I don’t think there is (technically).

He has been the best manager we have ever had, and it’s been a blast winning trophy after trophy. But he has also failed in that he has had at his disposal the best squad in the league if not in Europe for the last 2.5 years.

But still no CL, which whether we like it or not is the new benchmark. He might do it this year, but his bizarre behaviour towards us (the fans) the young players and the media in general does not give me a warm feeling. I think he thinks he deserves better than us, and if that is the case....thanks, good luck.

We can’t in any way get into a bizarre way of thinking that there is no one else but Pep out there who can be successful. I think Pep WAS good for us, but now I get a feeling it’s time to move on.

I hope and I pray that I am wrong and he proves it by winning CL, but if he doesn’t then I can’t see where we go but shake hands and move on to the next exciting chapter, and continue our hunt for what is rapidly becoming our Holy Grail (the Champions League).

Way OTT. We created many chances, and controlled the game even at 0-1. That takes a bit of bottle. I've seen City play a lot better but sometimes you just need one goal and suddenly the game turns. We were comfortably the better side in both legs.

There was fifteen minutes before half time and about ten minutes after where we didn't control the game across both matches. We seemed to realise on the 60th minute that getting into an end to end game suited them, and that ultimately they needed to score and we didn't. Some of our fans apparently *still* haven't realised that. Not one we'll be watching on DVD in a decade, but not terrible game management either. If Aguero had scored the header or Sterling buried his big chance then we'd be laughing.

Happy to go through, but if Rashford is fit tonight I think we’d have struggled, we have lost twice in the space of a few weeks to a mediocre team , struggled like fuck against palace , fuck knows what Madrid will do to us in a few weeks. The front five tonight looked bereft of confidence and work rate and as for David Silva’s decision to pass instead of hitting the thing !!

Yeah I can't argue there, but I'd watch it back without the stress, we honestly weren't that bad.

In fact in that first 20 minutes we played some of our best football under Pep, but didn't take the chances and their keeper made 3 outstanding saves, then we gave away a stupid free kick (the second we'd gifted them) and first attempt at goal they score (as seems to happen every time we start well and don't score).

On top of that we've had 2 goals disallowed that were marginally correct, and missed (or rather not attempted ) a sitter.

A fairer reflection of the whole game would have been a 3 or 4-1 win for us to be honest, and that's with us being below par as I said, they've created next to f**k all, all night.
Fair enough, that’s your opinion, but I thought we were shite. Yes, we had a few chances, but second half we’ve not had any pressure whatsoever, and imo it was down to the formation, and incorrect subs by Pep. We didn’t overload the wings like we normally do, due to the fullbacks having to sit deep. Consequently Bernie and Kev didn’t know whether to stay central or go wide etc etc etc.

shite, imo.

Can't believe we sat back in the second half at Old Trafford. Should have been 6-0.

Stewarding was a joke.

Was in level 3 right next to the away fans. Just before KO was spat at by a united fan, didn’t go on me but saw it fly across. Told the steward opposite and he told me to shut up and watch the game.

No point the twats being there they look scared shitless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.