United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

As I was leaving a string of lower division grounds week after week watching absolute shite, if someone told me that in 20 years we’d win 7 out of 8 domestic trophies with a chance for 8/9 and that we’d have a load of fans whinging about the team...fuck me. You should all be forced to watch those games back to back until you fall on your knees begging for mercy and admitting Pep is the messiah
Regularly I read this forum .. as a 54 year old I've seen us ..bad days and worse days .. I wasnt a York I was at Bradford ... seriously my Blue friends go to a shop buy some balls and appreciate what we actually have. We are now a shadow of our previous team . Be grateful...

Incidently, why did it take 5 yellow card offences for Matic to get sent off? He got his first yellow for a deliberate foul (but had previously fouled KDB and Bernardo with ankle-tap challenges that Fern never gets away with). His next yellow card offence resulted in Friend talking to the Utd captain rather than booking Matic. Then there was the second yellow when he deliberately stepped in front of the breaking City player.

Hope Pep has learnt some big lessons from these two legs. Playing one very good 45 mins over two legs is just not good enough and I hope we never repeat such arrogance again by taking the foot off the gas in semifinal again. Credit to OGS, he outfoxed Pep tonight. He was unlucky with the Matic sending off and having three big players missing. Pleased we're going to Wembley but it's been a very disappointing semifinal.

Hope Pep has learnt some big lessons from these two legs. Playing one very good 45 mins over two legs is just not good enough and I hope we never repeat such arrogance again by taking the foot off the gas in semifinal again. Credit to OGS, he outfoxed Pep tonight. He was unlucky with the Matic sending off and having three big players missing. Pleased we're going to Wembley but it's been a very disappointing semifinal.
Mad post ! How can it be a disappointing semi if we won it man.

Ole outfoxed Pep how ? By letting us play em off the park for large spells ? Failure to pull the fuckin trigger in front of goal and a keeper who doesn’t save shots meant we lost on the night but so what, we’re at Wembley - job done

Pep being from Catatonia i am hoping he will play the best 11 in both games.

You are right though his chopping,changing and tinkering is killing us this season.He is morhping in to Ranieri this season.
is that a typo or a joke about Pep being catatonic? ;)

We were lucky that the free kick at the end hit the wall. Bravo was out of position way too far left. Yes with a wall you can fudge one way or the other,
but if that kick carried the wall anywhere right of center net, Claudio doesn't get there. That's how close it shouldn't have been.

Hugely disappointing to lose to such a terrible side and there seems to be a lack of motivational leadership on the pitch and I'm assuming in the dressing room..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.