United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Not sure mate. Why do we miss these sitters? Were you honestly surprised that Raz didn’t score when through on goal or that David would pass? I wasn’t. United were so limited in both legs and yet we struggled. We need to take a serious serious look at our medical department too. Laporte, Fern and Mendy not available for last night. Please god we get these injuries behind us and start to play our best settled team. It’s the only way I can see we will get real consistent performance.
It's a strange season for injuries.

I and a lot of City fans think our season has been damaged in the league by injuries to Laporte and Stones whilst Liverpool' stars have stayed fit and yet if you look at the rest of the squad I think City have done very well with injuries this season, especially compared to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd.

City cannot keep wasting all these chances. Not for the 1st time it turned what should of been a comfortable win against a poor team into a loss.

I've just watched the highlights and with just two Rag attempts on goal it wasn't gonna be a MANUre-fest. We hammered them last night. They couldn't cope with our players. De Gea kept them in the tie three times before they scored. And but for a few inches Aguero and Sterling would have scored. Add in the farting about when it was easier to score in front of the Family Stand in the second half and MANUre should have gone home with a resounding 4-1 defeat ringing in their ears, and a 7-2 whipping. But such are the vagaries and frustrations of the game that we come away with a 0-1 on the night. But let's be clear, I've never come away from a derby defeat with a fuckin' smile on my face as I did last night. Wholly different to when the Ginger Pig scored in the 99th min on my birthday!

It's never a dull moment watching a pep team. We started that game last night with real purpose. The movement and press was killing them and we should have taken advantage of that.

Obviously once they grew into the game it was a different ball game. But who would of thought we would go into that game playing 1 centre half- almost played a diamond in defence.

Never dull with Pep, and thoroughly enjoying every moment.

We were commenting on that @karen7 and had a wry laugh at it.

I enjoyed the game and did get the one chance to shout at OGS: “Oi bus driver get back in your technical area”.............daft and a bit childish I know but no opposing team manager gets away with being out of their technical area apart from Mr Pellegrini! :-)

A very lack luster performance up front, combined with the usual odd weakness at the back that we just didn't seem to have last season. Absolutely gutted they got one over on us last night. We could and should have battered them out of sight they are so poor. Sterling clearly needs a rest as his confidence is shot, we know why Pep keeps playing him as hes trying to play him back into form , but it just doesn't look like it is working. But it clearly wasn't just Sterling at fault last night, as others have said we didn't seem to have any runners into the box from midfield, KDB was often too wide for liking especially first half and Gundogan just likes to sit back and pass the opposition to death. It improved in patches with Dave in the second half but even he seemed incapable of pulling the trigger when there was a chance to shoot. I really cant see us getting past Madrid at this rate.
We had next to nothing to do defensively and what we did do we did well.

Thought we totally dominated the game but missed chances again. Sterling is going through one of those periods.

Does Pep play him through it or bring in Jesus/Sane.

We won the tie, winning the game was just the icing on the cake. I am not too bothered about that. Anyone who is gutted we lost should reassess.

We do have a problem taking chances. And yet we are top scorers. I don't think it's rocket science. We have a wide forward in Sterling who is mis-firing at the moment. That's something he has to come through. Annoying thing is we thought he had come through that period for good, but he has to do it again now.

Far more than 20 mins of good play, far more and for many on here the opposition getting the ball on the half way line is nervy and signs we cant defend.

They had 1 meaningful shot on target last night in 90 mins and one half arsed one that even Bravo stopped comfortable.

Nervy or do many need to grow a fucking backbone?
Over the two legs we went from 3-0 up to sticking Johnny Stones on to avoid late embarrassment against 10 journeymen.

Now that may or may not be nervy but it was unnecessarily close.

P.S. You possibly missed the stupid late free kick that might have taken them to pens.

I've just watched the highlights and with just two Rag attempts on goal it wasn't gonna be a MANUre-fest. We hammered them last night. They couldn't cope with our players. De Gea kept them in the tie three times before they scored. And but for a few inches Aguero and Sterling would have scored. Add in the farting about when it was easier to score in front of the Family Stand in the second half and MANUre should have gone home with a resounding 4-1 defeat ringing in their ears, and a 7-2 whipping. But such are the vagaries and frustrations of the game that we come away with a 0-1 on the night. But let's be clear, I've never come away from a derby defeat with a fuckin' smile on my face as I did last night. Wholly different to when the Ginger Pig scored in the 99th min on my birthday!

Good analysis and summed up my feeling too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.