League/Carabao Cup

carabao,milk ,league or whatever,its a feckin CUP....I lived for years with the '76 memmories,so i just want it.....!
The only trophy I've actually held, there was a Junior Blues open day at Maine Road after we'd won it and I managed to get myself left in a room with it.

Didn't wash my hands for a couple of days.

Rumbelows, Milk whatever its been called over the years if we win it 3rd time in a row how big will the calls be from the media to suggest this competition needs to be shelved or restricted to Championship and below?

As much as Pep respects the competition whilst it is in the calendar, he also suggested we play less competitions, which you could construe as meaning he would be happy to not play in it if it relaxes the schedule over the course of a season. So the media calling for it to be changed would only be the same.

Rumbelows, Milk whatever its been called over the years if we win it 3rd time in a row how big will the calls be from the media to suggest this competition needs to be shelved or restricted to Championship and below?

When the League Cup was introduced, not all First Division teams participated, so I could easily understand if it returned to what it initially was. Ironically, one reason for having it was to have something domestic to counter the popularity of European football, but circumstances have certainly changed in that respect. Having won it so often and especially as part of the domestic sweep, I could live with seeing participation restricted. From lower leagues, I think only Cardiff and Bradford have reached the final in recent years, so widening its appeal would make sense. Only if we beat Villa, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.