Is Manuka honey worth paying extra for?

There are some eyewatering prices re Manuka honey but it does have a better taste off the spoon, but once in summat else I don't suppose you could tell the difference. I treat Mrs Ewing to a wee jar now and again, when it's on the Penny Sale at H&B!!

There are some eyewatering prices re Manuka honey but it does have a better taste off the spoon, but once in summat else I don't suppose you could tell the difference. I treat Mrs Ewing to a wee jar now and again, when it's on the Penny Sale at H&B!!
It tastes really nice off the spoon. Had a teaspoon this morning and put a bit in a bowl of natural yoghurt.

It is a con job created by the chattering classes.
Honey is honey.
It contains around 40% fructose and 30% glucose, along with some water, pollen and trace minerals, how that is good for you is beyond me.

The sales of Manuka honey outweigh the production by several factors. The likelihood is you are paying a massive premium for bog standard stuff.

And from a science persepctive it does have some procen clinical uses when applied on the skin to aide healing, very limited research though. There is zero evidence that eating it does anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.