Alistair Stewart

There really is a liberal movement in this country. It’s absolutely everywhere and in the work place.

There are protected characteristics that give people more rights over others and if you say anything about them, even out of context, your job will be taken.

We are currently going through a HR case where a girl who reports into me has sworn at me twice when I’ve asked her to do something politely. We’ve suspended her, quite rightly, and we’re trying to dismiss her as she’s been here less than two years.

If she wasn’t in a protected characteristic then she’d be gone already but she’s claiming mental health which means it’s difficult for us to get rid of her and she has a right to appeal now.

She could have also claimed sexism and other people can claim racism, discrimination against religion, homophobia etc. all to stop themselves being sacked when they deserve it.

What do I have to fall back on? Nothing.

Society has done this since Blair and Major and because YOU are apart of this, you don’t see it.

If a person definitively feels an 'ism' has been ascribed to them, who are you to judge what they have gone through emotionally or mentally?

Are you the judge and jury on your co-workers or anyone else in society??

Same here but it does depend on the environment.

Shift full of 60 blokes on a night shift in a warehouse is not an office environment.

She deserves all thats coming to her imo and i can guarantee had a bloke told her to fuck off his feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

And what's your position on mental health that she's stated?

Ignore her?

You're right and wrong.

The trouble is it's hard to decipher the two.

Let's put it this way; there was/ is nothing wrong with Nike supporting the cause of Colin Kaepernick, banned from the NFL because took up the cause of police violence against Black people. The problem is the perceived morality of Nike supporting CK and them cashing in on it. He has become the face of Nike's battle for racial equality in the US as Sterling was/ is here.

I understand that fat cats get a cut of the upturn in profit, but the fight for a greater cause cannot be ignored.

So, you have to ask the moral compass question; is that wrong?
I wasn't clear, I actually am ok with big companies promoting good things if it's for an important cause. Because people need to know what's the way forward with the world and it's good these guys can get behind it.

It's just necessary (for me at least) to know that they aren't doing it because they care, because they don't. They're exploiting a serious issue for money.

It's an irritating clash of morality.

I wasn't clear, I actually am ok with big companies promoting good things if it's for an important cause. Because people need to know what's the way forward with the world and it's good these guys can get behind it.

It's just necessary (for me at least) to know that they aren't doing it because they care, because they don't. They're exploiting a serious issue for money.

It's an irritating clash of morality.

Mmm, agreed.

But for me, the promotion of 'good' far outweighs the 'bad' of ignoring the situation.

Mmm, agreed.

But for me, the promotion of 'good' far outweighs the 'bad' of ignoring the situation.
Yeah, I'm more of a facts guy. How you (not you specifically) interpret it is up to you. That diversity of opinion is a good way forwards.

I just wish there was a better way to achieve the good, without the bad.

If a person definitively feels an 'ism' has been ascribed to them, who are you to judge what they have gone through emotionally or mentally?

Are you the judge and jury on your co-workers or anyone else in society??

Absolutely not and I take discrimination very seriously but this is 100% a card being waved.

Does an “ism” make poor behaviour to colleagues acceptable? I’d argue no.

The protected characteristics are utter shit, why can’t we treat everyone equally and do so in a manner where actions have consequences?

The person in question is trying to do us for mental health discrimination. My boss who has led the disciplinary has been seeing someone for anxiety himself and has suffered for years.

The trouble is actions no longer have consequences and the whole Diversity and Inclusion movement is an excuse not to behave in one’s role properly.

I’ve genuinely tried to help the girl as much as possible and I’m confident in my own actions being the right ones.

The point is just because someone screams an “ism”, it doesn’t make it so.

We are opening the doors to people not being accountable.

Back on topic, it seems the "angry ape" and quotes from Shakespeare were just the tip of the iceberg in Stewart's twitter spat. He got a bit personal and a bit nasty it seems, but all the tweets were deleted. Anyway it was enough to persuade him to "resign"/his bosses to pension him off. The other guy in the twitter spat has received the usual plethora of death threats from the knuckle draggers who believe in the liberal conspiracy to subjugate the white race. This is despite the fact that he admitted it had all gone too far and he could see no reason why Stewart should resign.

Personally I think anyone who quotes Shakespeare with the clear intention of being patronising and belittling is a supercilious twat who deserves everything he gets. It's the sort of thing Boris Johnson and Rees-Mogg get off on.

Don't see the point of conflating channels in order to make a point.

Stewart and Leeming were a part of the BBC set up, so different rules/ contract set up.

Maybe, but how many 67 year old women are there fronting the news either on the BBC, ITV, C4, Sky etc etc?

The point being that I doubt those who are frothing about Alastair Stewart ever gave a second's thought as to why female news readers were quietly disappeared to the outer reaches or dispensed with altogether.

Maybe, but how many 67 year old women are there fronting the news either on the BBC, ITV, C4, Sky etc etc?

The point being that I doubt those who are frothing about Alastair Stewart ever gave a second's thought as to why female news readers were quietly disappeared to the outer reaches or dispensed with altogether.

oh shut up you tit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.