Alistair Stewart

Absolutely not and I take discrimination very seriously but this is 100% a card being waved.

Does an “ism” make poor behaviour to colleagues acceptable? I’d argue no.

The protected characteristics are utter shit, why can’t we treat everyone equally and do so in a manner where actions have consequences?

The person in question is trying to do us for mental health discrimination. My boss who has led the disciplinary has been seeing someone for anxiety himself and has suffered for years.

The trouble is actions no longer have consequences and the whole Diversity and Inclusion movement is an excuse not to behave in one’s role properly.

I’ve genuinely tried to help the girl as much as possible and I’m confident in my own actions being the right ones.

The point is just because someone screams an “ism”, it doesn’t make it so.

We are opening the doors to people not being accountable.

Do you have access to her medical records?

If not, I suggest you're taking a wild leap into the unknown based upon what 'standard' you've set against the parameters of what you call 'normal'.

If you don't know her medical history, I wouldn't jump to conclusions, especially if she's doing your comp for 'mental health discrimination'.

If she can back it up, you guys are fucked.

Maybe, but how many 67 year old women are there fronting the news either on the BBC, ITV, C4, Sky etc etc?

The point being that I doubt those who are frothing about Alastair Stewart ever gave a second's thought as to why female news readers were quietly disappeared to the outer reaches or dispensed with altogether.

I agree with your point, but it's an entirely different argument to this thread.

Do you have access to her medical records?

If not, I suggest you're taking a wild leap into the unknown based upon what 'standard' you've set against the parameters of what you call 'normal'.

If you don't know her medical history, I wouldn't jump to conclusions, especially if she's doing your comp for 'mental health discrimination'.

If she can back it up, you guys are fucked.

We are not fucked, believe me and we’ve had a long history with her and her mental health. We even allowed her time off to see a therapist.

There is no specific diagnosis but we still allowed time off.

Our HR, being cautious as they are, are reluctant to fire her, despite her deserving it months ago, but even they agree that there is no evidence nor leg to stand on, for mental health discrimination.

So no, she can’t fucking “back it up”.

I think its gone to far now all this fucking rasism shit, is time for people to get a grip.
I think the person that thinks something is rasist is the rasist.

We are not fucked, believe me and we’ve had a long history with her and her mental health. We even allowed her time off to see a therapist.

There is no specific diagnosis but we still allowed time off.

Our HR, being cautious as they are, are reluctant to fire her, despite her deserving it months ago, but even they agree that there is no evidence nor leg to stand on, for mental health discrimination.

So no, she can’t fucking “back it up”.

Ah, getting abusive now?

Okay, well I'll leave this with you...

It doesn't quite pass the 'smell' test for me.

If your company has all the rights to fire her and doesn't, there's something wrong.

Despite her having 'no evidence' of mental health issues and HR are hedging their bets on firing her, well, something clearly doesn't stack up.

I think its gone to far now all this fucking rasism shit, is time for people to get a grip.
I think the person that thinks something is rasist is the rasist.

Hmmmm so let’s test that. Person A calls person B a fucking (N word). That makes person B the racist ? Are you Donald Trump?

Ah, getting abusive now?

Okay, well I'll leave this with you...

It doesn't quite pass the 'smell' test for me.

If your company has all the rights to fire her and doesn't, there's something wrong.

Despite her having 'no evidence' of mental health issues and HR are hedging their bets on firing her, well, something clearly doesn't stack up.

Who am I being abusive towards?

Our HR are typically cautious to fire and always have been. They still pretty much laughed at the discrimination case as we have all the evidence of support.

I did check and head of HR said “no leg to stand on” by her.

I’ll be back on when it’s over to tell you the outcome and I can tell you now, I’ll send you £100 if the company is found guilty of anything.

Absolutely not and I take discrimination very seriously but this is 100% a card being waved.

Does an “ism” make poor behaviour to colleagues acceptable? I’d argue no.

The protected characteristics are utter shit, why can’t we treat everyone equally and do so in a manner where actions have consequences?

The person in question is trying to do us for mental health discrimination. My boss who has led the disciplinary has been seeing someone for anxiety himself and has suffered for years.

The trouble is actions no longer have consequences and the whole Diversity and Inclusion movement is an excuse not to behave in one’s role properly.

I’ve genuinely tried to help the girl as much as possible and I’m confident in my own actions being the right ones.

The point is just because someone screams an “ism”, it doesn’t make it so.

We are opening the doors to people not being accountable.
'The protected characteristics are utter shit, why can’t we treat everyone equally'
That was an actual quote from this post. Incredible, ironic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.