Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

Have managed to have a beer and collect my thoughts on this one.

We played very very well and if we had walked away with a 4-0 win then not a soul would say it was undeserved, some great passages of play and I actually thought we were pretty solid all over the pitch. But the tale of our season is profligacy and it's been a recurring theme that when we start missing chances this season, it all just turns a bit, well, rubbish really.

After the penalty miss, we looked out of shape and nervous. Passes going astray, slowing down our movement with and without the ball and genuinely just causing our own problems.

Zinchenko was decent until his brain fuck of a decision - surely it entered his head he could just keep a bit of pressure on the runner without trying to barge someone over? Soft yellow but deserved.

Strange choices of subs as well, aguero one was baffling considering Sterling, Mahrez and KDB were offering absolutely zilch to that point - the last thing we need with Sterlings current form is to play him as a false 9.

Walker gets pass marks, best I've seen him in a while but the joking and laughing after boiled my blood - we've all said at times the team looks a bit rudderless this season without Kompany and that was a prime example.

Decent performance, shit result. Leagues been over for months but as others have highlighted - Madrid wont exactly be fearing us watching that.

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays if you can blues.

Serial winner so quite right as well.

Im sure if Klopp ever wins what he has in the game and loses the odd game despite dominating he will also be stressed a bit.
Serial winner so quite right as well.

Im sure if Klopp ever wins what he has in the game and loses the odd game despite dominating he will also be stressed a bit.
Pep probably came on here and found it infested with Dipper twats. It gets to me. All coming out of the woodwork after years of premature celebrations at this time of year and having to get refunds on their champions of Premier league t shirts come May

I agree the last 2 seasons have caught up with us. It's hard enough to win back to back titles and 3 in a row is nigh on impossible nowadays. I still believe Pep should have freshened the squad up with more quality in the summer in the centre back and left back positions and possibly another striker although Aguero is still playing well as is Jesus when he gets the chance. Sign Matt le tissier just to come on for penalties as in nfl special teams:-)
This is the issue, we've won 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies and that is unsustainable. Even if we had brought in players, it's then difficult to get those players integrated quickly, so isn't guaranteed to be successful, as that scum down the road have found out.

We dropped more points today than Liverpool have in their last 34 matches combined. Mental.

I feel sorry for Pep. The way he set the team up allowed us to dominate against Spurs away - not his fault that the entire team seem unable to finish at the moment. Thought Zinc was doing well before the red - what was his first yellow for?
Also thought Ndombele looked good in his cameo appearance - he was driving forward and played some good passes - think he might have been a better on than Rhodri - certainly more dynamic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.