Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did the Otamendi defenders head off to? Has been a good servant to the club but is an absolute liability at this point. Shouldn't play unless absolutely necessary.
its a cycle when stones messes up suddenly otamendi is the answer and the same when otamendi messes up. Some people dont get that they are both not good enough.

Pep knew last season yet for some reason decided not to replace Kompany.
we had no other targets other than maguire. Im guessing he was hoping that laporte would be fit all season and carry the other two while we get ferny upto speed as a centre back but when laporte got injured the plan got thrown out the window. If you remember when laporte first got injured we tried stones and ottamendi together but they were so bad that we had to fast track ferny into the cb role. I believe the end goal as soon as we missed out on maguire was a fernandinho and laporte partnership until the summer when we can look into getting another centre back.

It's been pointed out time and again that it wasn't Pep's decision to not bring a replacement in and there have been numerous reports that he was pretty pissed off at the fact we didn't.
This is true pep clearly wanted a centre back but didnt get one honestly looking back at how this season has gone im starting to think we should have bit the bullet and bought maguire hopefully us not paying over the odds for him pays of in the summer and someone better is available for less. I think if laporte hadnt have gotten injured we'd be seeing a very solid ferny and laporte partnership we will probably see it in the champions league.

we had no other targets other than maguire. Im guessing he was hoping that laporte would be fit all season and carry the other two while we get ferny upto speed as a centre back but when laporte got injured the plan got thrown out the window. If you remember when laporte first got injured we tried stones and ottamendi together but they were so bad that we had to fast track ferny into the cb role. I believe the end goal as soon as we missed out on maguire was a fernandinho and laporte partnership until the summer when we can look into getting another centre back.

Was a hell of a risky strategy. As it is we probably wouldn’t have won the league anyway the way Liverpool have been but I can’t see us getting much further in CL with this shambolic defence. Expecting Laporte to hit the ground running when he hasn’t been able to get through one match is a step too far for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.