Pep calls out Scudamore

Thing is we’ve all known about the Scudamore comments for a very long time,now Pep has conceded the title this weekend,for some bizarre reason as it’s been over for a long time ,he comes out with this

It is bound to come across like sour grapes and to a degree it does,but as the saying goes about square pegs and round holes

Still a lot to play for this season and arguably if we were to win three trophies this season it could end up being a better one than Liverpool’s has,but the sad thing is Liverpool didn’t need to be as good as they have been this season we’ve gifted it to them,so Scudamore will no doubt be pleased

We have ourselves to blame nobody else.

Im not sure how we can blame missed pens, missed chances, not closing shots down, playing players onside, stupid red cards as a bias towards us.

Its just us being shite.
The truth is in the middle. We have been shit too often, but we’ve also been fucked over at the same time. Liverpool would still have won the league by about 10 points without the corruption, they’re better than us at the moment. Instead they’ll win it by over 25 points.

Thing is we’ve all known about the Scudamore comments for a very long time,now Pep has conceded the title this weekend,for some bizarre reason as it’s been over for a long time ,he comes out with this

It is bound to come across like sour grapes and to a degree it does,but as the saying goes about square pegs and round holes

Still a lot to play for this season and arguably if we were to win three trophies this season it could end up being a better one than Liverpool’s has,but the sad thing is Liverpool didn’t need to be as good as they have been this season we’ve gifted it to them,so Scudamore will no doubt be pleased

Pep conceded the title weeks ago

Those people who used to insist last season that there was no bias against us have gone quiet.

Are they just keeping a low profile or are they finally seeing the light?

Personally I don't quite see it. Bias in the media, of course. But when people say the PL want Liverpool to win the league and have thus helped them do so, I have my reservations. VAR has certainly been favourable towards Liverpool but it's just widely inconsistent across the board. United's goal against Liverpool this season could've easily been ruled out and a legitimate Firmino goal ruled off by VAR. If it was the case that the PL are deadset on helping Liverpool, why were we awarded a penalty at Anfield in the last minute? Why didn't they rule out Aguero's goal (despite being onside, was marginal)? This narrative that the PL and UEFA are halting us from winning just doesn't totally add up. Granted, it can feel like that, but I just don't see it.

We have ourselves to blame nobody else.

Im not sure how we can blame missed pens, missed chances, not closing shots down, playing players onside, stupid red cards as a bias towards us.

Its just us being shite.
Being shite came a long time after bias.
It just gives them gift wrapped presents to be more biased.

Personally I don't quite see it. Bias in the media, of course. But when people say the PL want Liverpool to win the league and have thus helped them do so, I have my reservations. VAR has certainly been favourable towards Liverpool but it's just widely inconsistent across the board. United's goal against Liverpool this season could've easily been ruled out and a legitimate Firmino goal ruled off by VAR. If it was the case that the PL are deadset on helping Liverpool, why were we awarded a penalty at Anfield in the last minute? Why didn't they rule out Aguero's goal (despite being onside, was marginal)? This narrative that the PL and UEFA are halting us from winning just doesn't totally add up. Granted, it can feel like that, but I just don't see it.

Agree, even their game on Saturday, Long bundled Firmino over in the box just before half time, ref could quite easily have given a penalty but didn't. Then the vid of Southampton's penalty claim does the rounds and everyone screams injustice.

Those people who used to insist last season that there was no bias against us have gone quiet.

Are they just keeping a low profile or are they finally seeing the light?

Not really, I come on here time to time. Trouble is if you are not a believer of this stuff and you put your point across you get called a rag scouser and allsorts , cant really have a reasonable discussion.
I find it better to have these sorts of debates in person at the pub , at work, at the match and with family and friends.
There is a huge chunk of City fans that dont believe this conspiracy and bent stuff.
Suppose it's a bit like Brexit really , its split down the middle those that believe it thise that dont.
Any how I enjoy reading about it, its an interesting debate, just wish that blues on either side would stop calling each other out , you know keyboard warrior types , that wouldn't say it to them face to face .
Up the blues !!!!

I can't reply. Off to the doc to see about me imagining things.

The truth is in the middle. We have been shit too often, but we’ve also been fucked over at the same time. Liverpool would still have won the league by about 10 points without the corruption, they’re better than us at the moment. Instead they’ll win it by over 25 points.
Given a level playing field, I don't see them winning by 10 points.

If you take into account that when we are being continually screwed by the officials it has a detrimental effect in the players confidence. If you step over the white line knowing that however well you play, you will struggle to get anything from a game, it makes a difference. Conversely, if you step over the white line knowing full well that if you are having an off day it won't really matter because the ref/VAR will do you a favour or two, that also makes a difference. The Dipper's are that much more confident for a reason, and it's not because they are the technically superior team.

There were certain games last season where we had to play to a level above the opposition just to negate the snide game management of the referee. This season, the match officials have another weapon in their arsenal called VAR which is nigh on impossible to negate. We were never going to be allowed to win three on the bounce. But what a great marketing opportunity for the PL if the Dipper's could manage to win the title after 30 years of hurt. That would be a shot in the arm for the brand, and certainly rake in a few extra £billion in overseas broadcasting deals and merchandising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.