Who Said City Couldn't Play song - recording

Same as I said in 25 words, you have just said it in an academia way. )

I hope we can do this. I am going to drive people mad singing it. My mum used to sing it to me as a snotty toddler, and she did the same to her grandchildren.

What accent did she sing it in?

My mother grew up in Manchester and was 12 in 1934. She followed City and often talked about that FA Cup homecoming. She said it felt like the whole town took to the streets. There was less bitterness back then and many Mancunians would watch both teams even if they only loved one of them.

Those days effin and blinding was'nt part of the game. If the Ref didn't give a penalty 40,000 fans would be singing; Ho Ho what a Referee, what a Referee, what a Referee. Ho Ho what a Referee. His little wooden whistle wouldn't whistle.

Last edited:
It would be great to get this sung again with all the original words etc. (or maybe a slight adaption with reference to our "no History)

Fans of other clubs would have their minds blown!!

At the risk of sounding stupid, am I correct in saying the words are:

'Who said, that City couldn't play? That City couldn't play? That City couldn't play (Hey)?
Who said, that City couldn't play? City couldn't play football? '

The first bit seems as though they sing:

'Who said, that City couldn't play, City couldn't play football.
Who said, that City couldn't play, City couldn't play football.'

But seems longer/different in the second clip?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.