Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Not impressed with Amazon's coverage of the Sheffield United game but willing to give them another go.

Even BT Sport isn’t as much as a cringe fest as Sky. It’s embarrassing how bad they are, I’m sure Amazon don’t need to pander to the rag dipper demographic and could sell it cheaper. Only concern is it buffers, think they will sort that though.

Even BT Sport isn’t as much as a cringe fest as Sky. It’s embarrassing how bad they are, I’m sure Amazon don’t need to pander to the rag dipper demographic and could sell it cheaper. Only concern is it buffers, think they will sort that though.
Sky Vs BT - now that really is a race for the purists........I mean 'iiiiiiiiiistory boys

Sky can't afford to lose the premier league rights, their whole business model is dependant on them. Who on earth would pay for Sky without the football?

Thats what I was thinking ! But as someone has just pointed out to me Amazon are testing the water maybe and BT might start digging in their pockets a bit deeper (even though they’ll get as bad if not already)

Amazon are testing the water on tv rights I’m sure Geoff Bezos can wipe Sky off the map if he wanted to, they are small change compared to Amazon.
The sooner the premier league realise that they don’t need sky the better

partner up with a streaming service and become the Netflix of football

since Comcast have taken over sky they have been cutting costs on their sports offering , you can see this most obviously with the cricket

I think the Amazon package from this season was the thin end of the wedge , kind of a proof of concept....

In no particular order..

Barry Davies
Hugh Johns
Brian Moore
Tony Gubba
Gerald Sinstadt

These commentators were impartial and added to the excitement of watching football on TV back in the day..

A million miles away from that **** Tyler and that scouse **** spitty who add nothing and show no impartiality whatsoever when commentating on their favourite teams..

Shameless propaganda, drip fed to the viewing public to keep teams relevant..!

Tyler
Green
Pierce
Motson
The Shrieking woman
Spitty
Beglin
Houghton
McPointy
Darke

All of them not fit to lace the shoes of their predecessors..

The guy I like and I can't think of his name is the one who usually covers Scottish football..! (is it Ian Crocker?)

He the best one out there for me..!

Who's the best commentator in your opinion..?

Anyone naming the **** Tyler is going on ignore..!

Ha!

Amazon will turn our to be no different than Sky,BT or BBC , they know their customer base is Rags & Dippers , its only about the money for broadcasters.

I agree with you but eventually (or hopefully) we will get fair go in the media.

Last edited:

Yep the tech side of the Amazon coverage but the Dempsey/Beglin and the commentator combo wasn't great listening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.