Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I know that no-one wants to speak ill of Kompany, but the club normally work on transfers from January/February, finding players, getting in touch with the agents, sounding the clubs out, working out who is really available, putting together dossiers on the players which include deep dives into their personal lives as well as on the pitch. That's 5 months before the window opens - that's how long it takes to set up these £50m+ deals and have them come off with a pretty good hit rate.

Kompany told Pep he was leaving on 17th May. Fucking May!

I love him but deciding to leave the day before the last game of the season really isn't helpful to everyone trying to run the club and made a difficult job of replacing him pretty much impossible.
Point taken but I’d have expected the club to have contingency plans, not just plans for scheduled events.

For example, and purely hypothetical, what if something happened to Eddie? Would we start scratching around looking at goalie vids at that point or would we already have a dossier?

Now take Vinny’s case. Injury prone for some time so the chances of losing him unexpectedly were much higher than my Eddie example.

Also I know that no-one wants to speak ill of Kompany, but the club normally work on transfers from January/February, finding players, getting in touch with the agents, sounding the clubs out, working out who is really available, putting together dossiers on the players which include deep dives into their personal lives as well as on the pitch. That's 5 months before the window opens - that's how long it takes to set up these £50m+ deals and have them come off with a pretty good hit rate.

I love him but deciding to leave the day before the last game of the season really isn't helpful to everyone trying to run the club and made a difficult job of replacing him pretty much impossible.

So now its Vinny's fault. Good lord!

Vinny decided earlier than that,pep knew he was considering the job offer made in march,vinny knew for sure before the foxes game,he has talked about it
He didn't stay as expected and i agree it mucked up our plans,maguire is awful and panic buying him would have been a mistake,in theory we had enough for this season,who knew eric would be out for most of it

Vinny decided earlier than that,pep knew he was considering the job offer made in march,vinny knew for sure before the foxes game,he has talked about it
He didn't stay as expected and i agree it mucked up our plans,maguire is awful and panic buying him would have been a mistake,in theory we had enough for this season,who knew eric would be out for most of it

He told him the day before the FA Cup final.

"I believe I told Guardiola the day before the FA Cup final that it would be my last game at City," he said.

"I wanted to thank him for everything he taught me. The farewell was emotional."

He told him the day before the FA Cup final.

"I believe I told Guardiola the day before the FA Cup final that it would be my last game at City," he said.

"I wanted to thank him for everything he taught me. The farewell was emotional."
In another interview he said he told pep before the foxes game and they talked about when would be the best time to tell the team,he was taken off at brighton so he could get the applause,,it was clear by the way him and pep embraced that was that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.