Love City, hate football

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
this may turn into a long rambling rant as I am of work poorly ;)

I love City to bits could never image me writing what I am about to write a year ago or so. First of its not sour grapes for any of you dippers out there .
I have fallen out of love with football for a number of reasons.
things like being surround by away fans in our end match after match I don't like it.
things like the cock up over the 125yr limited shirts
things like the press/media constantly writing/saying shit about us
things like you book for a game at 3pm Saturday than the tv move it and you cant go
things like little praise for what City have achieved
things like bloody VAR
things like the silence on Liverpool hacking our computer systems
things like Liverpool getting away with the coach attack
things like ffp
things like the premier league has a plan for a different winner every few years ???? how is that ??
things like batch or barm !

in my head I still want to do my 600 mile round trip to matches but another part of me wants to stop, if I stop than the bastards have won, but I don't think I enjoy football any more. Was in 214 next to the rags and I felt nothing went mad when we score two but both ruled out so I thought if we score again I wont celebrate until the big screen says goal or the rags kick off. Is this modern football ? If so than this bloke of 60 has had enough its not for me. I watch the Oxford v Newcastle game last night enjoyed that, why , free following and no VAR. Spurs v City didn't really enjoy I burst out laugh when we were given a pen 10 minutes after the foul !!, that's not football.

perhaps I just need a rest from football ok I still have about 6 more matches this season to attend but I cant say I am enjoying the match day anymore. perhaps next season I will give it a miss and see if I miss going, I will still watch City on tv and look out for our results, I can never not have City out of my life ( unless I have Lasor treatment to remove tatts lol). I am City though and thought but am struggle this season to like football.

sorry for the rant

Last edited:
those Sunday KO's piss me off. The odd one maybe but it is now more often than not. We do have family time

the enjoyment for the plastic fan that knows f**k all about the game has never looked better, they can watch any game any time in the PL on tv and digest the shite that pundits come out with as being the truth.

for us footy fans that like to actually go to a stadium and know what we are talking about as a fan, the game has gone crap.

I love City to bits could never image me writing what I am about to write a year ago or so. First of its not sour grapes for any of you dippers out there .
things like being surround by away fans in our end match after match I don't like it.
things like you book for a game at 3pm Saturday than the tv move it and you cant go
things like bloody VAR
things like ffp
things like the premier league has a plan for a different winner every few years ???? how is that ??

in my head I still want to do my 600 mile round trip to matches but another part of me wants to stop, if I stop than the bastards have won, but I don't think I enjoy football any more. Was in 214 next to the rags and I felt nothing went mad when we score two but both ruled out so I thought if we score again I wont celebrate until the big screen says goal or the rags kick off. Is this modern football ? If so than this bloke of 60 has had enough its not for me. I watch the Oxford v Newcastle game last night enjoyed that, why , free following and no VAR. Spurs v City didn't really enjoy I burst out laugh when we were given a pen 10 minutes after the foul !!, that's not football.

perhaps I just need a rest from football ok I still have about 6 more matches this season to attend but I cant say I am enjoying the match day anymore. perhaps next season I will give it a miss and see if I miss going, I will still watch City on tv and look out for our results, I can never not have City out of my life ( unless I have Lasor treatment to remove tatts lol). I am City though and thought but am struggle this season to like football.

sorry for the rant

Don't be sorry bud that's exactly how I feel too.

Same here.

The worst things for me are VAR (can't celebrate a goal anymore) and how the game has become a non-contact sport, with play stopping every 30 seconds because 'there was contact'.

It's not the game I grew up playing and while we've always had shit refs, the amount of times the game's being decided by a dodgy sending off or handball or penalty these days is outrageous it makes you doubt the credibility of the game.

things like bloody VAR
things like ffp

sorry for the rant
Think of it as natural selection.

And unfortunately, because of the short sightedness of our top brass, in relation to a loyal core support, if a lot of 40- 60 year olds feel this way and start to drift off, where are the 16-25 years olds to take over for the next 40 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.