Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sancho fulfills his potential he's a 20 goal, 20 assist player for the next ten years in the major leagues. That's genuinely world class level output, and he's already not far off that. If we got him for around £100m that'd be insane in today's market. Plus he's English! Who'd really give a fuck about a bit of minor embarrassment?

I find it hilarious that people dont want a player because he rightly pushed for a move because the clubs so shit at promoting youth players.

Sancho as you say is a generational talent and if the club decides to pursue someone like Oyarzabal instead then shame on them. He's the most perfect Leroy replacement we can possibly get.

I would be a lot more embarrassed if I had the chance to sign a world class player at 19, (at a reduced rate because of the sell on %) and decided to let him go to United, Liverpool or Chelsea instead and be one of the best players in Europe for the next 10 years.

If Chelsea went back in time and had the chance to bring De Bruyne back in 2015, do you think they would? Or would it be too embarrassing?

World class based on what? Remember you saying after one season at Dortmund that Dembele was better than Neymar. And you were probably on the bandwagon calling Joao Felix a generational talent on the level of Mbappe.

Difference with De Bruyne is he was given somewhat of a chance at Chelsea in the first place. Where Mourinho came to the wrong conclusion that he wasnt good enough... Sancho wasnt afforded that

I find it hilarious that people dont want a player because he rightly pushed for a move because the clubs so shit at promoting youth players.

Sancho as you say is a generational talent and if the club decides to pursue someone like Oyarzabal instead then shame on them. He's the most perfect Leroy replacement we can possibly get.

I agree Sancho would be a perfect winger for us.

But I think the maint point is 'what does Sancho want',
and after the way he parted from Pep and City I don't see him come back, IMO. I think he felt wrongly treated.

World class based on what? Remember you saying after one season at Dortmund that Dembele was better than Neymar. And you were probably on the bandwagon calling Joao Felix a generational talent on the level of Mbappe.

Difference with De Bruyne is he was given somewhat of a chance at Chelsea in the first place. Where Mourinho came to the wrong conclusion that he wasnt good enough... Sancho wasnt afforded that

World class based on him being the best player in germany at the moment? The fact hes scoring at a goal a game? The fact hes the only player in europe to get 10 league goals and 10 assists in the last 2 seasons?

It's not a secret, everyone in the world knows this kid is one of the best wingers in the world already except a few bitter city fans living in denial.

Also - De Bruyne didnt get a chance at chelsea, he got 3 games (1 out of position) and got binned despite being MOTM in one of them. That's not really much different to Sancho training with Citys first team for a year before leaving.

As for Dembele, you are mistaking the time I said what he was doing in Germany at 19 was more impressive than Neymar scoring similar amounts in Brazil for me saying he was better.

Last edited:
If Sancho fulfills his potential he's a 20 goal, 20 assist player for the next ten years in the major leagues. That's genuinely world class level output, and he's already not far off that. If we got him for around £100m that'd be insane in today's market. Plus he's English! Who'd really give a fuck about a bit of minor embarrassment?
Imagine if we spent all that money bringing him back though! The famously supportive English media might write unfair, mocking articles about us. Rival supporters might trash us on Twitter! Wait what?

Last edited:
I agree Sancho would be a perfect winger for us.

But I think the maint point is 'what does Sancho want',
and after the way he parted from Pep and City I don't see him come back, IMO. I think he felt wrongly treated.

Well unless he's an idiot we're the most attractive proposition in the world. We're better than Chelsea and United, he won't get past Salah or Mane at Liverpool and financially we can offer him a deal as big as anyone.

Add to that we have the Pep factor, and I think he'd come back.

Well unless he's an idiot we're the most attractive proposition in the world. We're better than Chelsea and United, he won't get past Salah or Mane at Liverpool and financially we can offer him a deal as big as anyone.

Add to that we have the Pep factor, and I think he'd come back.
You'd hope we're the most attractive proposition, but he could easily fit in at Madrid, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus or Munich. Chelsea & United would pay big money for him. 1 more season of those numbers and he's easily going to be one of the most wanted players in the world.

We're a team where Sane became 4th choice winger. Mahrez, a former POTS, took a year to get consistent game time. Given that, and the fact he chose to leave, I don't know if he'd come back. I hope so, he's genuinely on track to become something very special.

And without turning this into a Sane conversation (it may not be financial, he may have always wanted to go back to Munich), but how much would we offer in wages? If it's too low, would he come? If it's too much, the wage structure has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.