Love City, hate football

true but I don't think that's all of it, I don't expect the club to give up but for us fans its I guess over 2k for my lad and me to attend the amount we do. To spend that amount of money I want to enjoy my matchday , lots of noise surround by City fans, not sitting in a stadium surrounded by away fans or tourist spending what seems like hours for VAR to make up its mind. Us fans cant come back stronger more likely more out of pocket and for what watching a game that seems bent ? perhaps its just my frame of mind at the moment !

I truly hope that after our last game this season I get my hunger back to be as a match going fan at the moment I would say there is a 70% this is my last season.

I’m spending about £2.5k a year on football I reckon. Quite an amount for a product where the laws of diminishing returns have set in.

I certainly don’t go anymore because trips up from my base in London were killing me. For a 3pm Saturday, I’d had to write Friday night out off because I’d be hazy the next morning for a 10am train. I’d be back in London for 8.30pm and not lively enough for the pub as I’d been out all day. I’d sleep in on Sunday and then have ten things to do all because of football. It was ruining weekends. Add in the numerous good points made on here and I’m Seasoncardless for two seasons. I don’t miss it.

Seeing City win the domestic treble and beating Liverpool in an epic title race has been followed by the disappointment of defeat.

Don't give me it's not that. It absolutely is.

Love City but completely out of love with professional Football sums it up for me.

Someone on another thread said that the game has moved too far away from 22 men trying to stick a ball between the goalposts and supporters turning up to be entertained.

Which is sad.

Other sports like cricket and rugby have modernised but have retained the joyful aspects.

I echo the general sentiment of falling out of love with the game but A lot of these issues can be easily fixed. any media related issue is entirely down to you, nobody forces you to listen/read what they have to say, simply ignore it and it doesn’t exist in your world.

VAR is obviously a huge issue but You can’t blame VAR for United, the linesman had his flag up straight away for both.

My main issues are with the people in charge ruining our game.
Tv dictating when we play.
the ever increasing cost.
the ever expanding kick off times, won’t be long before Sunday 8pms are here regularly. the sense that the tv audience is more important than the match going fans.
the way it’s almost a non-contact sport now.
playacting isn’t even sneered at anymore and diving is encouraged because apparently a player is entitled to go over.
In the stands we’re treated like criminals. clubs will hand out bans for literally anything and worry about whether it’s deserved later. tourists or anybody willing to pay the most money are priority over others.
half and half scarves.
atmospheres are dead up and down the country and football tribalism stops us from coming together as one to oppose any changes we see hurting our game.

The only good thing we’ve seen in the last decade is the £30 price cap on away tickets but even that is still too much and only came about after letting it get out of hand in the first place with £60-70 tickets.

I echo the general sentiment of falling out of love with the game but A lot of these issues can be easily fixed. any media related issue is entirely down to you, nobody forces you to listen/read what they have to say, simply ignore it and it doesn’t exist in your world.

VAR is obviously a huge issue but You can’t blame VAR for United, the linesman had his flag up straight away for both.

My main issues are with the people in charge ruining our game.
Tv dictating when we play.
the ever increasing cost.
the ever expanding kick off times, won’t be long before Sunday 8pms are here regularly. the sense that the tv audience is more important than the match going fans.
the way it’s almost a non-contact sport now.
playacting isn’t even sneered at anymore and diving is encouraged because apparently a player is entitled to go over.
In the stands we’re treated like criminals. clubs will hand out bans for literally anything and worry about whether it’s deserved later. tourists or anybody willing to pay the most money are priority over others.
half and half scarves.
atmospheres are dead up and down the country and football tribalism stops us from coming together as one to oppose any changes we see hurting our game.

The only good thing we’ve seen in the last decade is the £30 price cap on away tickets but even that is still too much and only came about after letting it get out of hand in the first place with £60-70 tickets.

I noticed West Ham tickets are £50 plus in most areas and £30 for kids. Ridiculous for a game of so little importance or prestige.

Yep, VAR and the shit pundit media love iin with scouse fucks and rag fucks.

Bur i have to say, the most important thing for me is the unbridled passion and mental madness of a goal such as sergios or vinnys, but VAR has taken that from me and i think we'll never ger it back. I'm dieing inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.