Love City, hate football

I think a lot of blues have struggled to come to terms with not being liked anymore. The dark days brought us respect as a fanbase if nothing else.

Now we get it from all angles and it seems the City voice on all things ffpr, oil money, empty seats etc etc is nowhere to be found in mainstream media. We are always playing antagonist to history clubs protagonist.

Some blues capable of ‘manning up’ and enjoying the piss boiling etc but I know for a fact lots of blues just don’t engage in media, tv, radio, papers etc like they used to.

I certainly don’t go anymore because trips up from my base in London were killing me. For a 3pm Saturday, I’d had to write Friday night out off because I’d be hazy the next morning for a 10am train. I’d be back in London for 8.30pm and not lively enough for the pub as I’d been out all day. I’d sleep in on Sunday and then have ten things to do all because of football. It was ruining weekends. Add in the numerous good points made on here and I’m Seasoncardless for two seasons. I don’t miss it.
Try travelling up from devon for several years,london is nothing,you are well placed to get to a lot of away games and 2 1/2 hrs from manc,get on it

Gordon. Excellent post. Probably one of the best this season.

As a plastic USA supporter what always drew me to this club was the die hard support - win or lose. And the supporters - like you. Makes me sad that in the most successful period it’s not as fun for you. Actually it’s sickening - you deserve this success. And to enjoy it.

Going from media darlings to media villains is a tough journey.

In the end, I just enjoy watching the club and the hopeful blue sky. It’s life philosophy for me now.

I think a lot of blues have struggled to come to terms with not being liked anymore. The dark days brought us respect as a fanbase if nothing else.

Now we get it from all angles and it seems the City voice on all things ffpr, oil money, empty seats etc etc is nowhere to be found in mainstream media. We are always playing antagonist to history clubs protagonist.

Some blues capable of ‘manning up’ and enjoying the piss boiling etc but I know for a fact lots of blues just don’t engage in media, tv, radio, papers etc like they used to.
Excellent point.

And just what is the purpose of the 'Fair Play Handshake'? Did any of those Haringey players shake Raheem's hand prior to kick off, 'cos it clearly meant fuck all when he was tripped by Lloris!!! The sport is shrouded in several layers of hypocrisy.
One of the most important reasons in my mind for the lack of atmosphere at the game. The days when the teams came running out to the cheers of a packed stadium after being psyched up in the changing room “set the tone” not only for the team but also for us fans. No hugging or chatting to their mates in the tunnel, run out, and then straight to business. Now it’s just another Premier League sponsors advert. Plus I’m sure there would be more in their seats at kick off. Fair play handshake my arse. Is there a fair play award still anyway.(rhetorical)

this may turn into a long rambling rant as I am of work poorly ;)

I love City to bits could never image me writing what I am about to write a year ago or so. First of its not sour grapes for any of you dippers out there .
I have fallen out of love with football for a number of reasons.
things like being surround by away fans in our end match after match I don't like it.
things like the cock up over the 125yr limited shirts
things like the press/media constantly writing/saying shit about us
things like you book for a game at 3pm Saturday than the tv move it and you cant go
things like little praise for what City have achieved
things like bloody VAR
things like the silence on Liverpool hacking our computer systems
things like Liverpool getting away with the coach attack
things like ffp
things like the premier league has a plan for a different winner every few years ???? how is that ??
things like batch or barm !

in my head I still want to do my 600 mile round trip to matches but another part of me wants to stop, if I stop than the bastards have won, but I don't think I enjoy football any more. Was in 214 next to the rags and I felt nothing went mad when we score two but both ruled out so I thought if we score again I wont celebrate until the big screen says goal or the rags kick off. Is this modern football ? If so than this bloke of 60 has had enough its not for me. I watch the Oxford v Newcastle game last night enjoyed that, why , free following and no VAR. Spurs v City didn't really enjoy I burst out laugh when we were given a pen 10 minutes after the foul !!, that's not football.

perhaps I just need a rest from football ok I still have about 6 more matches this season to attend but I cant say I am enjoying the match day anymore. perhaps next season I will give it a miss and see if I miss going, I will still watch City on tv and look out for our results, I can never not have City out of my life ( unless I have Lasor treatment to remove tatts lol). I am City though and thought but am struggle this season to like football.

sorry for the rant
Don’t be sorry. I felt the same too. Still do in fact but I continue because there’s still beauty in passing, controlling and dribbling.

years ago i would pay whatever the price was to go watch city, now i'd rather go for cheap or not at all.

Completely fell out of love with football 8/9 years ago but after a few years was watching every game etc again.

Now? Not done an away game since Arsenal game at wembley. Pick and choose my games at home. Due to this media shite we are getting i refuse to watch it on tv as well.

We have come a long way since 2008.
Everyone knows that there are things going on behind the scenes over which we have little control.
Notwithstanding that, imagine where we could be in another ten seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.