Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Lets be realistic here.

If it was a serious offence, we wouldn't have settled for £1m with no admission of guilt and signed an NDA.

What the fuck do we need £1m for? You don't trade silence in the form of the NDA for a trivial amount of money unless someone is basically giving it to you for free because you were never going to make it public.

They settled because either they knew the PL/FA didn't give a shit, the offence wasn't that bad, or we didn't want a massive public investigation.
Preaching to the choir mate. I’ve been saying some version of this for months. Settling the case for pocket change strongly suggests to me that Liverpool either got very little out of this (maybe due to some mitigating factor like they only had low level credentials or something along those lines) or we just didn’t want the fight for whatever reason. There’s no evidence whatsoever that we’re taking anything to anyone on this one.

Come on jrb, the club has maintained it's dignity whilst all those clubs around us are losing theirs and the media disappears into a cesspit of it's own making. Try to rise above it.

You are probably right. But at what point are City going to come out of all these allegations with their credibility intact? It feels like one back step after another when we come up against organisations and other clubs that have and are still f***ing us over. When exactly are we going to come out of these disputes smelling of roses instead of smelling of pig shit?

Independent.

The decision has been made due to the “age of the alleged concerns” and the fact the two clubs came to a financial agreement to settle the dispute.

A statement read: “The FA has carefully considered the evidence it received in this matter, including information provided by both clubs involved, and has decided not to progress the investigation.

“This is due to a number of factors including the age of the alleged concerns and the settlement agreed by the two clubs involved.

There are presumably good reasons why they seem to be keeping the lid on this. But I can only reiterate that I'm confident that the lid will, at some point, be coming off.
You hear whispers that I don’t so I’ll take your word on that, but nothing we’ve done so far suggests we’re about to do anything, or even care that much about it.

Because legally they can't.

Because a club with £500m yearly revenues and an owner worth $18Bn signed an NDA which stopped them talking about one of the biggest scandals in football for £1m, less than we pay some u18's in a year.

People need to start asking questions about why the richest club in the world gave away something like that for an amount that equates to a rounding error in the accounts.

Steve Bates heard City were bringing in security experts over unconfirmed fears, that's not the same as Liverpool being caught hacking being in the public domain.
So why didn't the fa investigate it in 2013 when it was reported in the media

Because a club with £500m yearly revenues and an owner worth $18Bn signed an NDA which stopped them talking about one of the biggest scandals in football for £1m, less than we pay some u18's in a year.

People need to start asking questions about why the richest club in the world gave away something like that for an amount that equates to a rounding error in the accounts.

That will cover a season ticket price rise next season.

At least something good came out of us bending over and taking the money from FSG.

I can’t wait for the UEFA Verdict.

That's what I was hoping the investigation would answer.

May be wrong but I do wonder if City were reluctant to pursue it because the individuals involved could face criminal charges as a result.

Never in doubt, most of us knew nothing would come of it, the fa statement pretty much says we didn't play ball and gave them no further evidence, what else could they do.

We have a soft underbelly, our media team are shite, they never challenge any of the bullshit that is thrown at us, do we even have a legal team.

All the nonsense about things going on behind the scenes is exactly that, fucking nonsense, City fans saying shit like karma will happen, again fucking nonsense, we continue to be laughed at, get our tummies tickled, slandered, be littled, sour grapes and everything else. We should never of taken the hush money, we sold out for £1 million hoping the dippers would start too accept us, well they haven't and like most hard nosed American business they have continued to put there foot on our necks via uefa, and we fell for it, too many people at city stealing a living, soft as fuck.

So why didn't the fa investigate it in 2013 when it was reported in the media

Probably because neither club involved would tell them anything.

City found out they'd been the victim of a crime committed by another club and didn't tell anyone, why would they change that stance if someone at the FA reached out to ask if this story had any weight?

It says if they get information or evidence they'll change this decision.

Which means they haven't got all the evidence. We know City have the evidence, so we know City didn't give the FA the evidence when asked a few months ago.
"As per standard protocol, should The FA receive further information or evidence, the decision not to progress the investigation may be reviewed." is the actual quote, so again, stop making shit up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.