League Cup final tickets

2 replays v Norwich 75/76 season with the second replay being at Stamford bridge,also 2 replays v Walsall 73/74 season with second being at OT.
2-2 v Norwich at Maine Road in League Cup was my first ever match at 8 years old. We won it that season so the League Cup always has a special place in my heart. Nothing special to most but special to me.

I love the League Cup Final. I have attended every final that City have been in. My first one was against West Brom 1970. City went an early goal down to a Jeff Astle but came back with goals from Tommy Doyle’s grandads.

I was back there in 1974 against Wolves. I took the daughter of one of my neighbours to the match. She repaid this two years later by getting me a ticket for the final against Newcastle after I had moved away. That was an much more enjoyable final than the one against Wolves. The magic overhead kick by Dennis Tueart settled the match.

There was a long delay before the next appearance. This was against Sunderland in 2014 and was one of the most enjoyable. I was in Newcastle for a Mogwai concert when Sunderland played United in the semi-final second leg. The penalty shoot-out was comedy gold. I think Sunderland won 2-1 in the end. The match was a joy swinging back and forth. I spent the evening drinking with Sunderland supporters in the Ibis Hotel Wembley. The City and Sunderland fans really bonded at that match.

Two years later we were back again for Liverpool. We had to cope with the jibes from the dippers about why we were playing Cabellero instead of Hart. That was answered in the penalty shoot-out that Liverpool were fortunate to get.

Since then City have made the final in 2018, 2019, and 2020. A routine win over Arsenal and a more edgy win against Chelsea have followed. Hopefully beating Villa will make in three wins in a row and four wins out of five and five wins out of seven.

Last edited:
Got my ticket yesterday. £40 at the front of 113 leaving one seat at the front in that block at £40. That might be the last of the £40 seats at the front behind the goal.

In terms of occasion both the LC and FA cup finals are exactly the same.
Not for me, however I want to be part of the successful moments in City's history. Winning the trophies is what grain by grain cements City as one of the best football clubs in the world. This maybe one of the smaller trophies in the scheme of things but they all add up. We need to be in these finals and to keep winning.

Last edited:
Two years later we were back again for Liverpool. We had to cope with the jibes from the dippers about why we were playing Pantilimon instead of Hart. That was answered in the penalty shoot-out that Liverpool were fortunate to get.

Caballero! Don't take away Willy's finest hour. Pantillimon played against Sunderland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.