Last Film You Saw

Finally got around to watching 'Darkest Hour', (netflix - see how easy it is guys?).

Thought it was fantastic, Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill is utterly superb in it. 9/10 from me, although I appreciate you have to like this genre to score it as such.

It’s a fairly good film but as ever with these historical films, they always manage to add cringeworthy-ness.

I mean, the scene when he’s on the underground is toe-curlingly bad.

It’s littered with it throughout but that’s where it peaks.

The way they build up to the “never surrender” speech by random people saying similar prior to him delivering it is bad. Reading about Churchill the speech came out of nowhere and the fact he made it, with the girl in parliament, mouthing it alongside him, whilst Churchill was looking up, was ridiculous.

It was enjoyable but should have been much better.

Still, I watched the other one, with Brian Cox, and turned it off after 10 minutes. Within 10 minutes they’d ruined history completely and the portrayal was shocking, despite the fact I like Brian Cox in other things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.