West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news, a man died yesterday when a tree hit is car during Storm Ciara https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51439152 Commiserations to his family and friends

This sums up 100% why it was the correct decision to postpone yesterday's game
Yes. I am surprised at the Blue Moaners.

Now snowing heavily but not sticking. There is global warming but it is winter after all.

Any reason why the game can't be played next Wednesday (19th Feb?) We're on a winter break with everyone due back in training on Saturday. Same for West Ham. Both teams don't want to play this coming weekend (understandable) but we have a proper fixture pile-up coming our way and surely it would make sense to play in midweek next week which is 17 days after our last game - which is a long break itself. Get back Saturday... couple of days training, play Wednesday.

What happened to their 2 weeks off?

Very sad news, a man died yesterday when a tree hit is car during Storm Ciara https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51439152 Commiserations to his family and friends

This sums up 100% why it was the correct decision to postpone yesterday's game
Hampshire.

I went out several times yesterday. Twice in the woods with the dog, a couple of deliveries in the car then took wife for a couple of pints. I did get wet getting from the car to the front door around half 4.

Ah right, course it is.
This whole winter break has confused the shit out of me.

To be honest, I think staggering it is a brilliant idea. They need to tweak the timings, and probably get rid of a 1/2 more games from the calendar but it really does let them have their cake and eat it. 2 weeks off for the players is huge, but the momentum of the season keeps going really well without a completely empty week.

Any reason why the game can't be played next Wednesday (19th Feb?) We're on a winter break with everyone due back in training on Saturday. Same for West Ham. Both teams don't want to play this coming weekend (understandable) but we have a proper fixture pile-up coming our way and surely it would make sense to play in midweek next week which is 17 days after our last game - which is a long break itself. Get back Saturday... couple of days training, play Wednesday.

What about fans who have made plans to coincide with the winter break?

I realise you can't please everyone, and yesterday being postponed isn't ideal, but the 2 free weeks with no fixtures has been in place a while, I'm sure plenty will have booked things in while they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.