The Times: Utd and Liverpool vetted new PL CEO candidates

Many years ago, my then boss owned greyhounds. Happily for him, one of his dogs was the Scottish sprint champion. He took it to England and ran it under a different name. He filled the dog with water prior to the races and it performed really badly. When its odds lengthened, he trained it properly and entered a race that it couldn't hope to win on its bad form. Needless to say, he backed it with every bookie and it duly romped home. Bookies chased him all round town!
Why didn't they just catch him when in went in to pick up the winnings ;-)

Where does history tell us that ?
Good point.
Just trying to say that a cartel in the form of a "barrier to entry" tried to prevent our owner investing in City.
This is a past event which presumably is not yet forgotten by other clubs ie we are still unwelcome.

Fuck it I’m done. I won’t be apart of their “product” anymore.

What did it for me last season was the 'Blame' we got for winning all the domestic trophies and how many 'Accolades' Liverpool got for winning the chump league. It's a foregone conclusion that if they win the league this season the media will install them as the best team ever and if we win everything else it will be because we doped our way to meaningless titles.

Winning isn't enjoyable when this game is that slanted, it's a shame but big money has killed it dead, it's now a product like the X-factor brand it has a social conscience first in line to be held up as the leader in every cause imaginable, it's just an advertising placard and it's becoming soulless, I have started to dislike footballers in the same way that I dislike the people who are famous for being famous on the dumbed down version of TV that's on offer today.

Very very close to joining you, was discussing with my lad last night on the way home from work, both rapidly losing interest in the 'farce'.

I was on here last month saying don’t give in to them but I can’t keep spending money on something so corrupt.

My loyalty to my own dignity outweighs my loyalty to City.

At the end of the day they’re a record breaking billionaire club and I’m an individual looking to start a family.

Bollocks to them. I hope the bubble bursts.

I’ll go and watch Sale Sharks and Lancs CC.

I suppose the only time that we get reported these days is when Pep has his pre match press conference.
Perhaps some of the stupid questions could be used to point the press into their reluctance to deal with proper stories like ...etc.

I was on here last month saying don’t give in to them but I can’t keep spending money on something so corrupt.

At the end of the day they’re a record breaking billionaire club and I’m an individual looking to start a family.

Out of the 8 of us who travel together to all the home games, 4 of us are contemplating packing it in, that's how bad it's becoming, seriously what's the fucking point if we already know it's so contrived?

If i need a football fix i'll go back coaching kids.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we leaked it to him.
Ziegler is on a bit of a run at the moment. The Times seems to be the only media outlet shining a light on what is happening at the top of English football following its coverage of the Liverpool hacking scandal. Nowadays it is much fairer to City over FFP. I think the Times team has woken up to the proxy war going on between the US owners of some clubs and the Middle East owners of others. But again this story broke in the New York Times which has been running rings round the British media on football corruption in general. Despite some of their previous criticism of City it seems clear to me that Tariq Panja and Rory Smith are well ahead of the game. They are proper journalists.

Will you still be on Bluemoon? Asking the important questions here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.