Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to believe the two teams are at opposite ends of the table...There should have been a visible gulf in class, but maybe it's the salary cap "levelling down"....
not that unusual, we got beat by norwich 3-2 for example. Football is not always like "just because X team is in position Y team A will hammer them"

in the womens game the gaps are smaller due to the wage cap as well.

Got a win but it was a laboured performance. Bristol offered nothing but City created few chances. I can’t believe we don’t have a manager lined up. We’ve got a caretaker at the helm who allegedly doesn’t want the top job.

One of the most one sided 1-0 batterings I have ever seen. Just like the men we couldn’t make the gulf in class count. So many times with forward making good runs the ball went backwards. Still onwards and upwards!

One of the most one sided 1-0 batterings I have ever seen. Just like the men we couldn’t make the gulf in class count. So many times with forward making good runs the ball went backwards. Still onwards and upwards!

This is a major fault, particularly the women. Time and again we go forward, players making the run, the player with the ball facing a retreating defence, but we put on the brakes and make sure yer don't blink, cos the ball will be back with Steph to begin all over again. The other top teams will continue the charge and make sure the opposition defence is tested!

This is a major fault, particularly the women. Time and again we go forward, players making the run, the player with the ball facing a retreating defence, but we put on the brakes and make sure yer don't blink, cos the ball will be back with Steph to begin all over again. The other top teams will continue the charge and make sure the opposition defence is tested!

The problem seems to be a mixture of things with the womens team.

They too often just don't see the pass forward and think safety.
If they do see a pass, most of the time they are not capable of making the pass. (I would exclude Keira from this)
The movement is too often not good enough.
The first touch is mostly average at best.
And there is an amazing lack of composure shown almost throughout. Keira again the exception.

You will have gathered I was totally frustrated tonight when all the above were glaringly demonstrated. Bristol didn't have a chance of note tonight, we had tons of the ball and did have a few good moments but you never really thought we would score again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.