UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very fast losing faith in those at the top going for the throats of our enemies.

NDA over the Liverpool hacking scandal and accepting a miserly £1M to hush it all up? WTF?

Trouble with cartels is once you're a part of it and eating and drinking at the top table, you forget to give a fuck and i honestly think we are now a part and parcel of it all.

Khaldoon and co need to prove a lot of us wrong here and come out swinging yet i wont hold my breath.

I totally get your sentiments and in many ways I agree but unfortunately with these sorts of cases you don’t win if you come out swinging - it’s a patient long slow game that takes considerable time, patience and money. I think last nights news shows we have a good legal team who are fighting our corner (for now) but I have no idea whether we are going to be resolute and go for the jugular- I hope we are but to destroy UEFA will take time.

I don't think there will be any announcement until either we're knocked out or the season ends.

Just picture the night of say the Madrid home game, City going to court & 'banned' next season. The BOOOOOS would be nothing compared to what could happen.... pitch invasions etc UEFA really wouldn't want the defacing of a game which would although we'd be painted as knuckle dragging animals would make world headlines.

We’d be better off just walking out and leaving them with an empty stadium.... fuckers.

Conspiracy, intrigue, lying, bombast, leaking by deep throat, corrupt courts, fortunes changing hands, petty rivalry, a small player battling powerful forces, fearless journalism (ha!), a whiff of racism; throw in a little light bestiality with goats, "Gunfight at the UEFA Coral" starring the Khaldoon Kid and Rick 'The Prick' Parry is an exhilarating adventure rivalling 'Star Wars' for fantasy and 'The Magnificent Seven' for triumph over the odds. At a cinema near you NOW.

Thanks. Then he's an idiot. He needs to cash in.

Maybe Tariq Panja already has :) .....he is named in the NYT article which was the was the first to report the United and LIverpool involvement in the Premier League CEO appointment. Also linked on the article was Rory Smith (Liverpool fan) and Kevin Draper. The latter on Twitter actually discredits the Times for basing 95% of the Times article on the original by NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/09/...league-ceo.html#click=https://t.co/ujeTIqbztn

EDIT: Just seen Tariq's latest article linked a couple of posts down. No Rory Smith or Kevin Draper this time. No balance in his report either.

Last edited:
Conspiracy, intrigue, lying, bombast, leaking by deep throat, corrupt courts, fortunes changing hands, petty rivalry, a small player battling powerful forces, fearless journalism (ha!), a whiff of racism; throw in a little light bestiality with goats, "Gunfight at the UEFA Coral" starring the Khaldoon Kid and Rick 'The Prick' Parry is an exhilarating adventure rivalling 'Star Wars' for fantasy and 'The Magnificent Seven' for triumph over the odds. At a cinema near you NOW.

I was thinking more Gone with the Wind with Clark Gill playing Rhett (Red) Bastard.

Prestwich_Blue, what your exactly saying is that, Leterme is being very economical with the truth, and is leaving it upto the press to put his words into any meaning that they want.
Let me give you an example. About 15 years ago I was one of a group of fans that were looking to set up a Supporters Trust. As part of that, we had a very productive meeting with former chairman David Bernstein. He leaked that to the media and I got a phone call from Peter Spencer, the then Sports Editor at the Manchester Evening News. He asked me to confirm that we'd met Bernstein, which was a little spurious as Bernstein had told him we'd met it he wanted to check his facts I guess. As DB had already confirmed we'd met I was happy to corroborate that but then he asked me if I'd met Francis Lee.

Now I knew one of the other guys was in contact with Franny but I hadn't spoken to or met him. So I thought I was being smart when I said that I wouldn't confirm or deny we'd met anyone unless the people we met were happy for me to do so. This conversation was then reported as "City Supporter Trust spokesman refuses to deny they've spoken to Franny Lee". So I rang Spencer back and played hell with him but, being a typical journalist, he just said "Well you didn't deny it did you?". So I learned an early lesson in dealing with the media, which is tell them no more than they need to know and immediately replied that if he wanted a definitive statement I would go on record as explicitly denying I'd met Lee. Which was perfectly true, as I hadn't met or spoken to him.

So was I being economical with the truth? I don't think so as I told Spencer the whole truth and nothing but the truth, based on the question he'd asked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.