UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tariq strikes again....look at the tone of the report !

The state of that. I wonder if it has occurred to these journalistic pygmies that the reason only rich clubs take UEFA to Court is because it is expensive. And, in any balanced world, the success of previous appeals casts real doubt on the verdicts passed against those clubs that don't have the resources to fight. Maybe that is the real story here.

Reads like he’s been discussing this with his source. No mention of the CAS concerns. Very one sided reporting nice again.

Yep, quotes Leterne in full but doesn't quote the CAS response to Leterne's comment.

Also he distances himself from the leaks:
News media outlets, including The New York Times, citing anonymous sources, reported that the outcome of the investigation was likely to be a recommendation that City, which had already been sanctioned for breaking the cost-control rules in 2014, faced a ban of at least one season from the Champions League, a trophy the club has never won but covets the most.

Hope this smug **** gets caught out.

Let me give you an example. About 15 years ago I was one of a group of fans that were looking to set up a Supporters Trust. As part of that, we had a very productive meeting with former chairman David Bernstein. He leaked that to the media and I got a phone call from Peter Spencer, the then Sports Editor at the Manchester Evening News. He asked me to confirm that we'd met Bernstein, which was a little spurious as Bernstein had told him we'd met it he wanted to check his facts I guess. As DB had already confirmed we'd met I was happy to corroborate that but then he asked me if I'd met Francis Lee.

Now I knew one of the other guys was in contact with Franny but I hadn't spoken to or met him. So I thought I was being smart when I said that I wouldn't confirm or deny we'd met anyone unless the people we met were happy for me to do so. This conversation was then reported as "City Supporter Trust spokesman refuses to deny they've spoken to Franny Lee". So I rang Spencer back and played hell with him but, being a typical journalist, he just said "Well you didn't deny it did you?". So I learned an early lesson in dealing with the media, which is tell them no more than they need to know and immediately replied that if he wanted a definitive statement I would go on record as explicitly denying I'd met Lee. Which was perfectly true, as I hadn't met or spoken to him.

So was I being economical with the truth? I don't think so as I told Spencer the whole truth and nothing but the truth, based on the question he'd asked me.

The problem with the term I can neither confirm nor deny is that journalists see it as an opportunity to spin it whichever way they want ,!

I totally get your sentiments and in many ways I agree but unfortunately with these sorts of cases you don’t win if you come out swinging - it’s a patient long slow game that takes considerable time, patience and money. I think last nights news shows we have a good legal team who are fighting our corner (for now) but I have no idea whether we are going to be resolute and go for the jugular- I hope we are but to destroy UEFA will take time.
This,we know the gloves are off now,we seem to be briefing the times,the difficulty will come,as in the hacking case,none of them are going to come down on our side

This,we know the gloves are off now,we seem to be briefing the times,the difficulty will come,as in the hacking case,none of them are going to come down on our side

The press don’t need to. We need to win at the CAS and then pick off Gill and the other perpetrators! Nothing short of destroying some of our enemies will surface in a conflict like this. We should show no mercy. I hope we financially destroy Gill.

The press don’t need to. We need to win at the CAS and then pick off Gill and the other perpetrators! Nothing short of destroying some of our enemies will surface in a conflict like this. We should show no mercy. I hope we financially destroy Gill.
Amen to that

Funny because I speak to a lot of fans of other clubs when following City around the country and I can’t remember the last time any of them brought it up. Most match-going fans don’t give a fuck about FFP or the ongoing situation with City and UEFA. It’s the clueless fuckwits who wouldn’t know what the inside of a football ground looks like who spout off about it the most, often brainwashed by some dickhead journalists who have painted a totally biased picture based on unsubstantiated bollocks.
well I had it this morning

Ive been over this a few times. Tariq Panja is the NYTT journalist breaking these "stories". Panja started his journalist career at the Manchester Evening News, where he developed David Gill as a source I believe. Leaks are coming from a senior figure at UEFA and Leterme is quite insistent that they aren't coming from him or any other member of the CFCB. David Gill is not part of the CFCB so Leterme is technically correct that, if Gill is the one providing Panjs with information, the leaks aren't coming from that source.

Inadvertently therefore, by telling the truth, Leterme has made it quite clear who the potential source is.

But then where is Gill getting his information from?
A confidential process is exactly that - confidential - UEFA shouldn't be telling all their employees what is going on. If Gill isn't part of the process then he shouldn't know what is happening either. So still a leak even if internally within UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.