COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
New saying the big rise now is due to better testing but 2 in the government have been sacked,seems they are trying to keep a cover up going
Announced 242 more deaths in the Hubei province, twice the number the previous day.

And there are reports that they may still be intentionally under reporting and could possibly be taking measures to ensure many deaths cannot be confirmed, which I genuinely hope is not true.

i think TBH if you put yourself over in China and have the symptoms i would think you would be in a better position locking yourself in the bedroom and the family passing you food in and keeping it quite, if that new hospital 'well i presume it is a hospital' is anyhing to go by then you would be better keeping away from the place, great work building a hospital in a couple of weeks but a British vet has more eqipment than that place, all it was built for is a place where folk could die in mass

So ... how did this all start ?
From Wuhan market where they sold bats and dogs etc ?

but is it a case of 20-30 eating these animals and the animals were carrying a virus ? And those people got ill and started coughing and spreading this virus ?

So ... how did this all start ?
From Wuhan market where they sold bats and dogs etc ?

but is it a case of 20-30 eating these animals and the animals were carrying a virus ? And those people got ill and started coughing and spreading this virus ?
Researchers are confident it is zoonotic, and have traced it back to *likely* bats-to-human and *possibly*, additionally, pangolin-to-human transmission.

But those infected were very likely completely unaware they were sick and were spreading the virus well before they had any symptoms. And, at that point, no one would have know they were transmitting the virus as it was/is a novel strain of coronavirus. For all most would have known, they had the flu, and would have taken normal (though we now know relatively ineffective) precautions.

Researchers are confident it is zoonotic, and have traced it back to *likely* bats-to-human and *possibly*, additionally, pangolin-to-human transmission.

But those infected were very likely completely unaware they were sick and were spreading the virus well before they had any symptoms. And, at that point, no one would have know they were transmitting the virus as it was/is a novel strain of coronavirus. For all most would have known, they had the flu, and would have taken normal (though we now know relatively ineffective) precautions.

So bats to human ... how many people actually eat bats over there ?

So bats to human ... how many people actually eat bats over there ?

apparently there is no evidence that this was directly from eating bats in Wuhan.

SARS came from Bats but the Bats were eaten by Civets which were then eaten by humans.

I am not sure there is no evidence for direct transmission between bats and humans, but this is the guidance from the WHO novel coronavirus FAQ (which is always framed vaguely until there is a scientific consensus regarding viral origin):

Can humans become infected with the 2019-nCoV from an animal source?

Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans in China in 2002 and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans in Saudi Arabia in 2012. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans. As surveillance improves around the world, more coronaviruses are likely to be identified

The animal source of the 2019-nCoV has not yet been identified. This does not mean you can catch 2019-nCoV from any animal or from your pet. It’s likely that an animal source from a live animal market in China was responsible for some of the first reported human infections. To protect yourself, when visiting live animal markets, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals.

The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.

i think TBH if you put yourself over in China and have the symptoms i would think you would be in a better position locking yourself in the bedroom and the family passing you food in and keeping it quite, if that new hospital 'well i presume it is a hospital' is anyhing to go by then you would be better keeping away from the place, great work building a hospital in a couple of weeks but a British vet has more eqipment than that place, all it was built for is a place where folk could die in mass
It does look like that. All that’s there is beds and not a lot else. People think they’re going there to get better but it looks like a death wish. Hospitals that look like mass burial sites, welding doors shut on apartment blocks so nobody can escape. They are leaving people for dead, I’m convinced of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.