UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that leaked letter on Arsenal beaded paper probably gives a clue to some of the people behind this. Don’t rule out Bayern and Barcelona as well - both morally bankrupt!
Without doubt mate, and a few others will adding little bits too, I honestly think much of what’s going on behind the scenes and a cause for delay is UEFA are shitting it, clearing out desks, burning paperwork, deleting correspondence etc etc, because once someone starts looking into their own business , it will show a clear, concerted and orchestrated effort to shaft us over, and they have knowledge and evidence of that and have been complicit throughout.

Last edited:
Especially as some of the rules have now been scrapped/amended to help United out of their current hole
This. Amazing the wage rule was scrapped at a time they had a huge number of contracts to renegotiate plus needed to be active in the transfer market. It stank at the time but no press of course picked up on it to no surprise.

This. Amazing the wage rule was scrapped at a time they had a huge number of contracts to renegotiate plus needed to be active in the transfer market. It stank at the time but no press of course picked up on it to no surprise.

I don't recall any discussion or debate... it was just waved through because it suited the Rags and Arsenal.

UEFA are in all kinds of bother here
If the upper chamber agrees with the IC, finds us guilty and hands out a punishment then no matter what that punishment is we will appeal it to CAS, where CAS will release every single document, how corrupt the UEFA process has been and we will continue to persue it through every legal Avenue for years

If the Upper chamber decides that there isn't enough evidence and releases that in a statement (instead of totally exonerating City) then the club will persue it as defamation and again go to the courts to prove due process wasn't followed

So the question is, how does UEFA get itself out of the hole it's dug itself?

UEFA are in all kinds of bother here
If the upper chamber agrees with the IC, finds us guilty and hands out a punishment then no matter what that punishment is we will appeal it to CAS, where CAS will release every single document, how corrupt the UEFA process has been and we will continue to persue it through every legal Avenue for years

If the Upper chamber decides that there isn't enough evidence and releases that in a statement (instead of totally exonerating City) then the club will persue it as defamation and again go to the courts to prove due process wasn't followed

So the question is, how does UEFA get itself out of the hole it's dug itself?

If we bring about the downfall of UEFA and the cnuts who have been pushing them to attack us, I suspect many of us couldn't give a flying fuck ?

I haven't read the documents made public by CAS and I'm relying on what I've read on here. It was clear that City's appeal to CAS was concerned solely with the procedures followed by UEFA and that our appeal was declared inadmissible: it was not rejected. The CAS documents were quite explicit that City had a right to appeal on the same grounds - and on additional grounds - if we did not accept the verdict of the adjudicatory commission. I find it interesting, therefore, that CAS detailed its own clear concerns about the procedure followed and these concerns centre around such basic rights of a defendant that they must give UEFA real cause for concern. What is intriguing is that CAS urges UEFA to pay attention to these concerns in reaching a verdict. I would appreciate enlightenment on how exactly UEFA can do this. It surely may satisfy CAS by admitting that the process left a lot to be desired (the failure to allow City to present evidence, the attitude of Leterme, the withholding of documents, not to mention the conflict of interest of certain members of the IC) but we're still banning City. If City can only be banned after a fair hearing then surely that horse has bolted. That there has been no verdict yet suggests to me that UEFA are in some considerable confusion rather than that "a showdown is inevitable". City's inadmissible appeal on procedural grounds would seem to have caused this confusion before the really knotty questions of the provenance and context of the evidence and whether any violation of FFP has actually been perpetrated - and beyond that the issue of whether the regulations are actually lawful at all - are even brought into play. The documents seem to be rather more positive for City than UEFA. And all this from an appeal which is not admissible at this stage!
Excellent post.
I think it's pretty clear from the CAS findings and the fact that UEFA haven't charged us yet that UEFA are struggling to find us guilty without stepping on a mine in the CAS minefield that has been laid out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.