UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say it's amazing how many people on here are pretending to celebrate this like being out of Europe is a great thing because it's not your favourite competition or you can cancel your BT Sports subscription.

Don't you think at all about the players or the coaches who hold lifelong dreams of winning the thing? Silva said at least 2 years ago he thought he'd retire if we won, he's literally been holding out for it, and others like Aguero, KDB, Fernandinho will be the same. I could never celebrate something which is either going to deny some of our greatest players ever their last couple of chances at this competition, or potentially cause some to leave.

I hope to god we just don't bend over and accept this. Khaldoon said we took a "pinch" last time. Well time to show your balls now lads. Hang UEFA out to dry and show them we mean BUSINESS!! This next few months could be the most important in our clubs history. If we just sit there and take it then it will damage us for years. We will need to re build all over again. Players will leave and we won't attract the top stars. UEFA have been waiting for this moment and we need to stand up to them!!!

The last paragraph says that if City appeal UEFA will not publish the reasons for their decision ie show what evidence they have. How convenient for them. This is a game of poker and the stakes couldn't be higher. UEFA have taken a huge gamble after what CAS revealed this week. Perhaps the strategy is that UEFA know the ban will be overturned without them having to explain their decision and that CAS will get them off the hook.

Unfortunately I have zero confidence that city will stand up to this. I hope I’m wrong but we seem to have been here many times before on different levels and the club never seems to stand up for itself.
I completely agree, we always seem to wait for something to happen before we get going. The media have been allowed to discredit our achievements with impunity whilst the Club allowed it to happen and continue to fawn all over them when at our stadium. I have never been a lover of the Chumps League as it was obvious we were not wanted. I think we will end up backing down with a wimper as Pep moves on to an Italian team.

I could not care less.

I just hope this doesn't in any way makes it more difficult to get the players we want in the transfer market.

The says what you all want to hear the club will not be shafted by these twats
Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.