1. Genesis, Suppers Ready
2. Yes, Heart of the Sunrise
3. Jethro Tull, Locomotive Breath
4. ELP, Trilogy
5. King Crimson, in the Court of the Crimson King

1. Genesis -- Squonk
2. Yes -- Roundabout
3. Jethro Tull -- never really into them
4. ELP -- ditto, Fanfare for the Common Man, which was a cover, but this was a cover band basically
5. King Crimson -- Three of a Perfect Pair (always liked the Discipline, Beat, 3OAPP records best)

1. Genesis, Musical Box (marginally by a nostril)
2. Yes, Awaken (By a country mile)
4. ELP, Still You Turn me On
5. King Crimson, Starless (By a country mile)

1. Genesis, Musical Box (marginally by a nostril)
2. Yes, Awaken (By a country mile)
4. ELP, Still You Turn me On
5. King Crimson, Starless (By a country mile)
All fine margins mate. Love starless. Awaken prob wouldn’t be in my top 5. It was on Relayer I think? If I remember correctly Patrick Marez? Had replaced Rick.
Musical box would probably be no1 if I woke up in a different mood tomorrow

All fine margins mate. Love starless. Awaken prob wouldn’t be in my top 5. It was on Relayer I think? If I remember correctly Patrick Marez? Had replaced Rick.
Musical box would probably be no1 if I woke up in a different mood tomorrow

Awaken was from Going For The One and no .. Rick came back for this one.... Have a quick read of this and then a listen to the track to see if you can find it in your heart to squeeze it into a top 5. Totally blows me away in mind body and spirit and bless you Anderson and co.

• It's a spiritual song where Anderson is singing to what he calls "The master of our existence." These themes of enlightenment and seeking your higher self are a touchstone of Anderson's lyrics.
  • Jon Anderson got the idea for this song after reading the book The Singer: A Classic Retelling of Cosmic Conflict by Calvin Miller. The book tells the story of God through the eyes of a troubadour.
  • Keyboard player Rick Wakeman rejoined Yes for the Going For The One album and is a key contributor on this track. He played the church organ that comes in near the end of the song - and he actually played it in a church. The cathedral was about 10 miles away from the studio, so his part was recorded over a telephone line. This would be ghetto production in America or England, where church sounds were typically recorded in the church (see: "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel), but Yes recorded the album at Mountain Studios in Montreux, Switzerland, where the phone lines had spectacular clarity. Instead of using a mobile recording unit, they simply rented a phone line for the day and recorded it in the studio.
  • Yes guitarist Steve Howe wrote the music for this song, and Jon Anderson wrote the lyrics and worked on the arrangement. Keyboard player Patrick Moraz was still with the band when the song was conceived, and he claims that he had a hand in writing it. Moraz says you can hear similarities in his song "Time For a Change," which was released on his solo album Out in the Sun shortly before Going For The One came out.

Last edited:
Awaken was from Going for the one and no Rickulas came back for this one.... Have a quick read of this and then a little listen to the track to see if you can find it in your heart to squeeze it into a top 5. Totally blows me away in mind body and spirit and bless you Anderson and co.

• It's a spiritual song where Anderson is singing to what he calls "The master of our existence." These themes of enlightenment and seeking your higher self are a touchstone of Anderson's lyrics.
  • Jon Anderson got the idea for this song after reading the book The Singer: A Classic Retelling of Cosmic Conflict by Calvin Miller. The book tells the story of God through the eyes of a troubadour.
  • Keyboard player Rick Wakeman rejoined Yes for the Going For The One album and is a key contributor on this track. He played the church organ that comes in near the end of the song - and he actually played it in a church. The cathedral was about 10 miles away from the studio, so his part was recorded over a telephone line. This would be ghetto production in America or England, where church sounds were typically recorded in the church (see: "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel), but Yes recorded the album at Mountain Studios in Montreux, Switzerland, where the phone lines had spectacular clarity. Instead of using a mobile recording unit, they simply rented a phone line for the day and recorded it in the studio.
  • Yes guitarist Steve Howe wrote the music for this song, and Jon Anderson wrote the lyrics and worked on the arrangement. Keyboard player Patrick Moraz was still with the band when the song was conceived, and he claims that he had a hand in writing it. Moraz says you can hear similarities in his song "Time For a Change," which was released on his solo album Out in the Sun shortly before Going For The One came out.

You have me completely hooked by the image of my favourite Yes legend. The late but great/hugely talented/ completely wonderful bass supremo Chris Squire. I probably saw them on that tour btw. Ps it is unlikely to make top 5 as the 4 sides of TFTO have to be considered as well as You and I/Roundabout/ close to the edge/ my all time greatest bass performance - The Fish./Owner of a lonely heart........
It is very good though

You have me completely hooked by the image of my favourite Yes legend. The late but great/hugely talented/ completely wonderful bass supremo Chris Squire. I probably saw them on that tour btw. Ps it is unlikely to make top 5 as the 4 sides of TFTO have to be considered as well as You and I/Roundabout/ close to the edge/ my all time greatest bass performance - The Fish./Owner of a lonely heart........
It is very good though

A difficult conundrum you have set our Moon people and difficult to disseminate the wheat from the wheat. Topographic and close to the edge are absolute works of heart. I will give you one of my favourite olden ones from back in 1970 and there were many such as Survival Then and Astral traveler but the harmony on this track always resonated well with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.