UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... we have shown the world how to run a football club, debt free and now financially self sufficient and this is how we are treated.

In my view this is the last big throw of the dice for the old has been clubs to try and stop us taking over football. Unfortunately appeals won or not they have done damage to the clubs name, in future years any thing we achieve will be ended with “Manchester City.. who in 2020 were banned from Europe for two years, but it was over turned on appeal” it will always be brought up and used against us.

Is it racism? Probably. Is it the old “big” teams trying to keep the former status quo? Probably.

We had someone invest their own money in to us and make us the best run club in the world and we are made out to be villains. Yet over in Trafford it is ok to be £600m in debt with accounts in tax havens. It is ok to be owned by an owner who in MLB has his club proven to be cheats if you are based in Liverpool. Or be convicted of fraud if you are a German rag.

It is corrupt. I would love us to win the bent competition this season and for us to rub it in their faces that they are banning the holders. But no matter how motivated the players and Pep could be for the challenge it will not be allowed to happen.

And the media can fuck off.

I agree, but whatever makes you think we will be permitted to win their bent competition this season ? That remote possibility went completely out if the window with tonight's announcement.

Very good article. That just about says it all. It's what a lot of us on here have said all along - UEFA don't want us. Even if CAS rule in our favour we will forever be the pariahs of European football. One rule for the few, another for the rest.

Every blue needs to post this link on all their social media platforms

Everyone one of us

Apart from all the anger on here, are we actually guilty of being lying cheats? Ànyone know?
I reckon we are guilty of subterfuge but then UEFA started it by changing the criteria for the players contracted prior to 2010. Did we break any rules? I don't know. The Etihad finance could well be organised not by Sheikh Mansour as UEFA suggest but by the UAE executive council.

The whole thing was a device by UEFA designed by rivals clubs in its detail to entrap City and of course City had to respond. When the dirt is revealed at LFC, no one wants to know.

It’ll either stick or be overturned. There is no middle ground here.

We are not taking pinches anymore Ric, the gloves are off now.

I will be absolutely startled if this isn’t removed entirely and we then sue for damages. Which will be millions.
And we’ll be entitled to every penny, as this action damages our brand and standing (as well as CFG’s) well beyond any initial legal recourse, as it was fully designed to do.

If we do manage to get in that position we should genuinely sue them for a billion pounds in damages.

St Samuel jumping ship as well.....so soon
"
By MARTIN SAMUEL - SPORT FOR THE DAILY MAIL

"There will not be much sympathy for Manchester City in football. They misled UEFA and its Club Financial Control Body. They inflated figures, deceived over revenue streams, and the size of their punishment, the suspension from European competition, the fine of £25million, is confirmation of the gravity of this offence."

did we really Martin?

The full article is a very measured and sympathetic one. No problem with MS, he’s the best of the press pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.