UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think UEFA should be hoping the CAS throw the whole case out. I'm curious as to what the CAS will do. If City can prove they are innocent, then even accepting a fine at this point would be counter-intuitive. If they do manage to get even a 1 year ban through, then it will really get messy and costly too but if City win then they'll be well in profit at the end of it.

I expect it could come to that and the first course of action should be to immediately go after FFP itself. Getting that deemed as illegal business practice asap, would be the quickest route to a resolution. It would probably mean a season without CL football but one season out of the CL wouldn't be that bad, especially if it's an all expenses paid vacation from UEFA. After the second court case aimed directly at UEFA themselves, for loss of earning, damage to the club image etc. Then there should be several court cases alongside that aimed at the press who have been used as instruments of evil in this operation from day one.

Last edited:
This is the point of no return for uefa.

Lets not forgot 2 words in all this that came from our owners...irrefutable evidence

And yet they have decided to go down this route and show to the cartel that they have the balls to stitch us up

Well there can be no acceptance of a lesser charge on our behalf, when Mansour stated he would rather spend £30m taking them to court...we are at that point

How ironic that the fine from uefa is just that amount - was this some poor attempt to stick 2 fingers up at Mansour

Any acceptance of a lesser charge still shows that we accept guilt - our owners have stated we have not done any wrong and have provided evidence (irrefutable)

If we even contemplate bowing down to a lesser charge will leave a stain on the club and us the fans.

It is time to go at uefa for this kangaroo court and this could ultimately bankrupt them which is what they were afraid of last time

And then we go for the farce that is ffp, a systematic rule that protects the elite, hiding under the farcical name 'Fair Play' when there is nothing fair about it at all unless your the old elite
The winner when it goes to court is the lawyers. The club's reputation and standing will be badly damaged regardless. Legal proceedings could last years. I can't see any allies we have in football wanting us to succeed?

One thing I am strugling with is the charge.

Etihad have many investors from the UAE and obviously our owner is one, there is nothing fraudulant or corrupt about such investment and cetainly not illegal

If etihad use some of their investments to them to fund our sponsorship, well that's their decission and shouldn't need to be declared in my opinion.

So the only way uefa could know the money may have been partly from investmemts from the shiek could inly be found out through illegal means such as the hacking claims.

So uefa are using illegal means and inuendo to make a case and charge us.

Anyone defending uefa is defending illegal acts and collusion.

Thats the whole point isn't it. A corrupt rule hiding under the name 'fair play' ran by a corrupt organisation that is only there to protect the elite mafia

And then you have that idiot from spain Tebas gloating about financial doping when he has the interests of real madrid at heart - a club doped by the state in its past. It is totally laughable

We will go to cas but we musnt accept a lower charge

Consider this scenario. You're accused of a crime you didn't commit but you're confident you'll be exonerated because you have a dossier full of evidence that proves you're innocent while all the prosecution have is third hand hearsay sourced from a person currently in custody awaiting trial for a number of very serious charges. At your trial you notice a business rival, whose company stands to benefit if you're found guilty, sitting on the jury. Then the judge refuses your lawyer permission to present the "irrefutable" evidence that would clear you. On top of that, while your trial is still ongoing, the judge is leaking to the press that you'll be found guilty and even the sentence you'll get. Then you get found guilty. However, there is public and media outrage at the unfair trial and lack of due process.

That in a nutshell is the situation City found themselves in. Apart from the public and media outrage.

Who cares
Martin Samuel wrote a favourable article this is the other side

The club need to start being ****s with media full stop
They’l all still be there on Wednesday taking in the ‘grubby clubs’ best hospitality though won’t they ....when are City going to ban this vermin from the club ? It would certainly get the fans onside & rallying round .

I think UEFA should be hoping the CAS throw the whole case out. I'm curious as to what the CAS will do. If City can prove they are innocent, then even accepting a fine at this point would be counter-intuitive. If they do manage to get even a 1 year ban through, then it will really get messy and costly too but if City win then they'll be well in profit at the end of it.

I expect it could come to that and the first course of action should be to immediately go after FFP itself getting that deemed as illegal business practice asap would be the quickest route to resolution. It would probably mean a season without CL football but one season out of the CL wouldn't be that bad especially if it's all expenses paid vacation from UEFA after the second court case aimed directly at UEFA themselves for loss of earning, damage to the club image etc. Then there should be several alongside that aimed at the press who have been used as instruments of evil in this operation from day one.

CAS will approve a lesser ban of 1 year and reduced fine. The question is our owner says we have provided evidence of no wrongdoing - that means we must not accept a lower charge.

This will go to court unless our owners go against their own words and back down

Remember CAS panel is chosen. One by us, one by uefa and the last panel member is random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.