UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again something I have posted many months back...

As the case against us is entirely based on emails between club executives you might have thought someone (Khaldoon or Soriano) might have posed the following two questions:

Would the club be happy for these mails to be in the public domain?

If the answer is no, what steps are we taking to ensure that they never become public knowledge?

If it is shown that there was cashflow in our direction from the owner, disguised as sponsorship, we have uttered false accounts. It is the accounts that Khaldoon believes exhonorates us. If they do not, execs must go. The worst scenario is that Khaldoon himself is believed to have been deceived.
I am confident we will win in the end, but this is the heart of the matter. We must convince CAS that our accounts are true AND that the emails were just part of a conversation that was never actioned AND that Etihad's recapitalization was arms length and nothing to do with us.

Each of the companies that have provided sponsorship will have published,independently audited, accounts showing that flow of money.

It's like saying i own a florists and a chip shop and have agreed that each will provide some sponsorship for the club. The club might say we would like £100 in total please and I say OK I'll give you £30 for the chippies sponsorship and £70 for the florists, hows that?

The purpose of the sponsorship is to promote my separate businesses, UEFA has assessed the sponsorships for fair value and were happy.
It now seems they are saying the money came straight from the owner, in one sense it does but only through the businesses that he owns or part owns.

Unless UEFA have evidence that directly shows the owner putting that money directly into each business and then it coming straight back out as sponsorship for the club then it's hard to see where this is going. Even then it's a matter of public record that I own or am associated with these businesses and I would be giving them the money in order to promote those very same businesses.

How can UEFA decide that I am doing anything but that? The businesses are genuine businesses and sponsorship and self promotion is part of every single business around the world.

There would be some irony trying to ban or control journalists when we’re beefing about heavy-handed despotic rules and negative PR.

A little tête-à-tête down a quiet ginnel might do the trick...;)

I'd like to think the club take a hardline with the ****s in the media who are speouting off right now.

However the complimentary food will be ready for them next press conference and match.

Excuse my French but bloody hell UEFA.
I'm a Liverpool fan but seriously UEFA you're having a laugh, telling an owner that they can't spend their own money is ludicrous.
I genuinely thought city would just get a fine and a we are watching you warning and draw a line under it. I'm enjoying the rivalry between our two clubs and sincerely hope cas overturns UEFA decision and gets ffp scrapped

The whole UK feed exclusive to Sky comes via Abu Dhabi - most of the rest of the channel content is African news and adverts. I'm being unkind to amoebas comparing them to you - some simple bacterial mould would probably better resemble the contents of your skull.
Oh, harsh George, harsh. He should appeal to CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.